• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

geordies spotting the players post
09-01-2006, 05:39 AM,
geordies spotting the players post
I was reading Geordies post about spotting the players which can't be replied to because the thread is closed.
But if playing the same battle over and over again is not ch giving someone an unfair advantage , then what is?
If it is not against club rules then it should be, why not do a poll?
Cheers
Mike
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2006, 06:08 AM,
RE: geordies spotting the players post
Great idea!

Will the management please issue the following proclamation:

ALL YE BLITZ MEMBERS ARE HEREBY FORBIDDEN TO PLAY A SCENARIO MORE THAN ONCE. ANYONE WHO MAY FIND A SCENARIO SO ENJOYABLE AS TO WANT TO PLAY IT AGAIN WILL REFRAIN THEMSELVES FROM DOING SO AGAINST ANOTHER MEMBER. FEEL FREE TO WHIP YOURSELVES IN THE BACK WHILE CHANTING "MEA CULPA" AS WELL.
THAT ANYONE HERE MAY HAVE ACTUALLY PLAYED A SCENARIO AGAINST THE AI OR OPPONENTS FROM OTHERS CLUBS NOT REPORTED HERE ARE IRRELEVENT. NOR IS THE FACT THAT YOU CAN SIMPLY ASK ANOTHER MEMBER IF HE'S PLAYED IT BEFORE OR CHECK HIS MEMBER PAGE.
LOGIC WILL NOT BE TOLERATED HERE.

I think we need more posts laced with complaining and :hissy:.
They're just so much fun! :kill:
09-01-2006, 06:19 AM,
jeez, another post complaining about complaining. How ironic.:P
09-01-2006, 06:44 AM,
what does "MEA CULPA" mean?
OK get your point , ask your opponent , will do that in future
09-01-2006, 06:46 AM,
I would think that someone well familiar with a scenario should tell their opponent without being asked, and warn them to have a thorough look themselves or pick another scenario. Their opponent may or may not care, but they should at least have the information. To have played a scenario many many times and keep quiet about it against someone who (on the face of it) has not, is certainly not cheating but is very gamey.
09-01-2006, 06:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2006, 04:45 AM by Steel God.)
Yes, well I now know to check stats, I'm still new to this and wasted a lot of time against 101 Para
09-01-2006, 07:04 AM,
Unortunately many people wasted their time(including me) playing against 101para :( And i was so glad,when he joined,to have a second romanian player around here :(
Send this user an email
09-01-2006, 07:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2006, 04:46 AM by Steel God.)
Difference is Mate, you're a good bloke ( tough oponent as well ) and he wasn't
And sorry to appear the moaner, but when you are new ,how do you know you aren't getting scammed left right and centre.
But HQ21 made his point , and it's taken.
09-01-2006, 07:32 AM,
Persoanlly I would suggest having a quick look at your opponents member page prior to accepting any challenge, )particularly if your relatively new to the site).

Not only will that show if someone has played a particular scenario/operation previous, (not that that's unfair, but it is better to be pre-warned), it will also give you an idea of how experienced your opponent is.

Personally, I look at playing against someone who is a damn site better than me all part of the game, (you didn't get to pick your opponents in real life, so why here - as frustrating as I may be at times to continually get whipped!), and an oppoertunity to pick up some tips from the 'masters'.

I am aware however of several threads in the past warning recent members of the 'sharks'. The definition of a 'shark' being, (if i've got it right), an experienced player who 'generously' offers a new member a game with the sole intention of fleecing them for points.

The old adage, 'know your enemy', springs to mind.
09-01-2006, 07:43 AM,
Since we are throwing Latin around, may I suggest "Caveat Emptor" for anyone buying into a new playing partner when it comes to scenarios. Ask the player if he has played it before, or if it is blind. Games played can be referenced, but anyone can look at a scenario from both sides without anyone knowing but the player himself. If a player states that he has never played it before, and handles the terrain in a manner that is near omniscient, then thank the player for the game at the conclusion, and never offer to play him again without saying a word.

Noted, there are many dickheads who will try to take advantage of you in capricious to outright gamey ways... Let's not taint the reputations of the majority of above board players with complaints, board posts and so on.

If you think someone is cheating, simply email your club officers with your thoughts, as well documented as you can, and leave it at that.

Most of us all know who the "gamey" players are, and we stay away from them. If you've had a bad experience with a player, don't play them again (there are several people I am sure that will not play me again, for a variety of reasons). There are enough opponents out there, and good ones to boot, that this should not be an issue.

And lastly, some players may not be aware of the fact that some of the things they do are "gamey" or considered "cheating" by other players.

I found out the hard way on the CS ladder that most people thought that watching replays more than once was highly gamey, and almost considered cheating. I now have to turn the replays on "slow mode" and sit with my notes and maps and take down as much information as possible without the benefit of checking the replay again for things I may have missed.

I'm sure there are parallels to CM.

Leto