• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

geordies spotting the players post
09-01-2006, 07:44 AM,
RE: geordies spotting the players post
Yeah, I'm getting , about to, get my ass kicked by several experienced members. Don't mind that. All good blokes who know what they are doing
Will check stats from now on, probably good advice for all noobs.
But it takes a while to find out this stuff.
Or maybe I'm stupid, probably why I need SHOUTING atcheers
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2006, 07:54 AM,
RE:��geordies spotting the players post
Kelen Wrote:The old adage, 'know your enemy', springs to mind.

If someone who is considered "experienced" plays naught but less than .500 players and rarely plays over .500 vets, you may have yourself a shark. I rarely coat the term "shark" in a postive connotation, although it can mean many things.

Just check the player profile. It is not foolproof, but can help when deciding to accept games from new players.

Cheers!

Leto

09-01-2006, 08:05 AM,
Mea Culpa

Means my fault (Latin to English)
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
09-01-2006, 08:15 AM,
Thanks Antoni,
Who would have thought a scouser would be so educated. Give it two years and the mighty blue and white army of Carlisle United will be kicking your ass in the premiership. Especially now Matty Jansen is going to sign for us.
PS. The uneducated scouser bit is a pisstake. I mean there are touchy people around here, feel free to call me a lower league radioactive sheep shagging cumbrian twat if you need
09-01-2006, 08:19 AM,
Many players will take a game without investigating it first - it happens over and over - either it's an inflated ego problem "I can overcome all odds" or just the false assumption "I'm nice and fair so everyone else must be." A few drubbings will cure both.

It's amazing to me how many posts are run like this: "I'll play any side, any scenario, any situation." Might as well say "Please hand me a big fat loss." At least 1/2 of this game is the setup. Playing skills can't usually salvage a ringer setup or scenario. My first post went something like "Get me on the ladder!" and I got on all right - with eight straight losses....

After you've been here a while you start to realize the game actually begins on the message board - before the first file is sent. Your first recon should happen well before you've bought any snipers. Investigate and go in with your eyes open. People that climb the ladder playing the same scenario over and over do so legally - and only because other players keep accepting their game offers.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
09-01-2006, 08:21 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: geordies spotting the players post
Spike !

You are a top guy and please feel free to insult me, as I dont care !.

No, seriously, if u fancy a CM fight let me know !.

Are u UK based like me know ?
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
09-01-2006, 08:35 AM,
Antoni, bring it on,
I am based in Carlisle the Great Border City, and we eat scousers for breakfast. Just got a tasty right back called "Raven" off Liverpool.
Also signed Terry McDermotts boy Neil in midfield.
Tell you what Mate, in two years time you will be shitting your pants at Brunton Park.
I digress, shall I send something, or do you want to?

PS Do you know a really worrying thing? My eldest boy wants a Gerrard shirt for his birthday. Oh Well , at least it's not M.U
09-01-2006, 08:38 AM,
I have all 3 versions of CM

So if u want to set one up please do !

09-01-2006, 08:44 AM,
I am a CMBB fiend, what do you like?
scenarios(anything you want to play)
or QBs (never done one, what settings to make it decent? )
Hey, if we beat Charlton we might get you in the Carling Cup
09-01-2006, 08:56 AM,
RE:��geordies spotting the players post