• Downloads

F40 Multi-Strategy Campaign Question
08-27-2006, 08:59 AM,
RE:��F40 Multi-Strategy Campaign Question
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2006, 10:24 AM,
RE: F40 Multi-Strategy Campaign Question
I left the fixing side of things to David and have no problems with what he did, and it is really a fairly small number of units that can move on turn 1, at least for those near the front.

Rick
[/quote]

Well, not to belabor the point; but this game has got to be a close run thing, one way or another. Those large Belgian forces able to be strategically deployed at the crack of dawn on May 10 include some excellent troops in some large numbers. That 2e Division Chaussers Ardennes include 6432 men and 32 guns and they move rapidly. Also, the 2nd Belgian ID, III Corps @ Liege is 6,400 men with 92 guns and while they are not mobile, they can be better placed since the Germans are likely to want to bypass Liege in the early going. Those 300 Spartans held up 150,000 Persians for 3 days as I recall, which altered the outcome of the campaign. Twelve thousand Begian infantry with 124 guns should not be allowed to make strategic movements at the very moment the Germans begin their offensive. von Egan. cheers:P
08-28-2006, 12:28 AM,
Well try to recreate a 300 men against a 150 000 on a Panzer Campaigns game and tell me if it is working....;)

What could be done at Thermopylae with Leonidas seems to be impossible in France '40.

PS: a funny note, maybe you don't know that but Leonidas is also the name for a Belgian Chocolate Company (very good chocolate) :PBig Grin;)
Send this user an email
08-28-2006, 03:15 AM,
Tortue_Agile Wrote:Well try to recreate a 300 men against a 150 000 on a Panzer Campaigns game and tell me if it is working....;)

What could be done at Thermopylae with Leonidas seems to be impossible in France '40.

PS: a funny note, maybe you don't know that but Leonidas is also the name for a Belgian Chocolate Company (very good chocolate) :PBig Grin;)

Big Grin "Twelve thousand Begian infantry with 124 guns should not be allowed to make strategic movements at the very moment the Germans begin their offensive." This is the point. von Egan :P
08-28-2006, 04:16 AM,
sure... Well without good fortifications I dont' see them resisting for a long time between the troops and the luftwaffe.:smoke:

On the other hand...
Fortunately for you, the beauty of the system allow you to do your own changes and play with them... So go ahead.;)
Send this user an email