• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dust spotting in F40?
08-14-2006, 03:43 AM,
RE:�� Dust spotting in F40?
Guys:

I've looked at a lot of these situation where when seen from ONE POV something seems impossible.

But with both passwords there is or has always been a logical explanation and the last one I recall, one Mark Mazer sent me, involved a rather complicated LOS thing where units had to be moved in a certain sequence or something like that.

In any case, as hard as von Egan tries, it is almost impossible to discribe what one person is seeing in the file and what it actually looks like. I know from Marks POV on that last file, it must have looked certain that his opponent was doing something fishy - even took me a while to understand it. But it was on the up and up.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2006, 04:06 AM,
RE: Dust spotting in F40?
I looked at the save file and it does not appear that there should be a ? to shoot at for this unit without air recon first. You do, however, have airstrikes by the map option on, this would allow your opponent to strike any hex he wants with airpower...I think this might work at odds with limited air recon allowing recon then air attacks on newly spotted units.

Fury
08-14-2006, 07:30 AM,
Thanks for the explanation Sergeant. Yes, obviously, the one rule does negate the other, and thus airstikes by the map makes limited air recon irrelevant. I never thought there was anything fishy going on, I just wanted to try and understand the program's logic. Now it's all clear. Thanks again. von Egan
08-14-2006, 03:35 PM,
One last comment on the air recon optional rule. Carpet bombers can attack any hex spotted by air recon, even with this rule on. EA42 has British Carpet bomber units in it as does F40.

This can happen since the Carpet Bombers attack a hex, not units. Checking the enemy's road network behind the lines is a very valid use of air recon. Ted should not feel any guilt about that.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-14-2006, 05:44 PM,
There should no guilt. My question was purely technical, and I think quite a few people might have learned something. I know I did: If you want to play with limited air recon, you need to also not have air strikes and artillery fire by the map! von Egan :hissy::kill:
08-14-2006, 09:36 PM,
If counterbattery is on and you fire and move the same turn, and next turn you are detected by the counterbattery rule, you are spotted as a "?" in your next destination. Either this or carpet bombed as has been said b4.
08-15-2006, 04:48 AM,
RE:�� Dust spotting in F40?
Send this user an email