• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why isa it hard to get a game anymore?
08-10-2006, 03:29 PM,
RE: Why isa it hard to get a game anymore?
General SP

In the tropics its always summer and it sucks so if your up for a game so am I.
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2006, 03:31 PM,
General SP

In the tropics its always summer and it sucks so if your up for a game so am I.
08-10-2006, 03:54 PM,
I think it will be another 6 weeks or so before I get real active again. I'm down to 4 games plus the tag team thingie and I've lost track of where we are in that one. I'm doing good to get out 1 turn per week per game. My normall, winter rate is about 12 games and a turn per day minimum. I haven't started a new game since July 22 because I figured if I don't have time to keep up with the few I have going, why start any more? I'm still a post ho though. Should I change my name from Grummi to 'web cleaner'? Eek
Wigam, you are right; MBT rules!
The others can klank around in their sardine cans with pop guns and pretend they're fighting, but I want a 1500HP Turbine, 8" of DU Armor and a cannon that will reach out and touch someone at 4 Kms in the rain, snow fog or dark of night. If I was a TC in todays army, I would name my Abrams the 'mailman'. Neither rain nor snow, etc., etc.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
08-10-2006, 04:55 PM,
Hi grumbler

Post Ho ??:laughing: Nice one.

I am getting a few lessons at the moment(:smg: Gary) but still love it.

I have my 1st tournament hopefully starting soon. It is based on the US-UK led invasion of Iraq in 2003. Hopefully i'll get some takers but i think it should attract as MBT as its own wee group of dedicated gamers like ourselves.

When you get back on tract game wise drop me an e-mail and we will have to start one, we started one a wee while ago but IIRC you had some problems with your PC and the game fell apart.

Marcus
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
08-10-2006, 06:10 PM,
I have become so used to living in the twilight zone due to long hours, strange hours, work and the constant need to entertain myself and the drive to play games that i will always make time for SP, its my opps that often dont have the time, although i must admit my rounds have slowed down a bit but they are creeping back up and Im fishing for Opps.

Hey marcus Ill be up for your tourney but dont you think it will be a bit one sided if its realistic as the Yanks came in with all that shock and awe stuff, you know overkill! Hows an Iraqi player supossed to compete when there are A-10s around, you should include some later missions like insugents and such in built up areas after the war and let people blast it out in that. Much more fun and a little more even.
08-10-2006, 08:08 PM,
Hiya Dan

Playtesting of round 1 is nearing completion. It will use the scoring system used by weasel in his Sicily tournament where players actually play against other players in their own team., using poor old Mr Shadow Player.:smg:

The Iraqis have made a good showing of themselves so far. Not wanting to give away too much but i think its playing pretty well so far.

The tournament will consist of four rounds. Four battles i have chosen to re-fight.

Like i said i know there are some dedicated MBT guys out there and then there are some others who play it all. So just hoping when i start it up there are enough takers.

Wigam
Send this user an email
08-11-2006, 04:35 AM,
I am play testing round 1 with Marcus. Suffice it to say that the Yanks may take the flags but if not careful will pay a HUGE price. During our play testing Marcus has already made several significant changes to the sceanrio, and once all said and done I think this scenario can easily be released for human to human play.

Don't worry Marcus, you will have enough players. Just ensure you keep a reserve like I said, or else it will come back to bite you in the ass.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
08-11-2006, 06:47 AM,
After reading a few posts from different message boards i have to agree with you Chris. People sign up with the best intentions but as we all know circumstances change all the time.:)
Send this user an email
08-11-2006, 02:13 PM,
Gary; If you have noticed it seems that the message boards are only viewed by the same people every day. I am not sure why but I receive lots of completed game notifications but I never see the players posting on the MB. I think that if the dozen or so regular MB posters disappeared the board would grow cob webs.

Yup, If I count right then actually only 10 people use this website :)