• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

101paratrooper has been banned
08-07-2006, 11:09 PM,
RE: 101paratrooper has been banned
If any replacements are needed for a tournament, I'm happy to play.

-DerBlitzer
08-07-2006, 11:10 PM,
If any replacements are needed for a tournament, I'm happy to play.

-DerBlitzer
08-08-2006, 03:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2006, 03:00 AM by Major Hurt.)
I heard he used a teleporter, a cloak of invisibility, and some magic pixie dust to spy on his opponents.

It was all going fine until a leprechaun that happened to be passing by the house of one his victims caught him in the act and proceeded to beat him senseless. Apparently, the academy never trained him in hand-to-hand combat vs mythical beings.

I also heard he had a "thing" for wombats. Big hairy ones.

Of course, none of that's true (to my knowledge).

What is true is that whatever he was doing it finally caught up to him, and forced the club officers to act and ban him; which is a stone bummer for everyone, including said officers.

As to how he did it, I admit that it's intriguing, but at the end of the day it's largely useless information to me. It's just morbid curiosity, I guess. The important thing to know is that:

Cheating is bad

Cheaters suck

Cheaters+Cheating=Banned
08-08-2006, 03:25 AM,
RE:��101paratrooper has been banned
Major Hurt(FGM) Wrote:I also heard he had ... Big hairy ones.

did the leprechaun tell you that too, you sicko!
08-08-2006, 04:47 AM,
That crazy. That the fun of this game the surprise factor.
08-08-2006, 05:34 AM,
Don't know about cheating, as I was still playing my 1st two campaigns against him, (Herrlishiem & Goodwood), but I'd gathered from other's posts that he was a lucky SOB. But then to quote, (or mis-quote), Napolean, "Give me a lucky General rather than a good one!"

I too lost a lot AFV's due to bogging, (8 or 9 over 40 turns - was still in my 3rd battle), none of which were recovered, but as I'm fairly new to playing Op's I'm not sure if this is unusual. Yes, he seems to be fairly lucky with both his hit, (which I assumed was due to experienced gun crews), and kill rates, (which I assumed was due to better guns!); but as 'Bluehand' said, he defended too far back, (like right at the map edge). As a result although I was taking horrific casaulties in both armour and my meagre infantry support, (just like in the real battle), as there was no defence in depth I was managing to roll up part of his line each Battle and anything panicking ran straight off the map. Don't know how the rest of the campaign would have gone, but I though I was do reasonably ok considering.

As for Herrlishiem, the only odd thing about that one was that none of any of my armour that were knocked out / abandoned were recovered, (which considering they included 2 Panthers, a Tiger, and a Jagdpanther was somewhat irritating. However as we were into the final battle and I don't think he would have had ANYTHING left by the end, they weren't needed.

As for anything else that could be suspicious, well yes he was quite specific as to how he wanted files named, (so he was a control freak - I could live with that), and yes he told me not to re-name files between battles, (which was odd becuase I didn't); but I only ever had 1 of my turns sent back to me by mistake. However when I pointed this out to him the correct file was accompanied by several choice expletives, (which I took to be directed at himself), and it was oddly only about 24hrs before he was banned.

Lucky: hell yes, keen: no-one does that many games in that short a time without being so, cheating: don't know, if he was, why: only he could say.

Personally, it baffles me.
08-08-2006, 08:17 AM,
Der Kuenstler Wrote:From my experience he seemed to have figured out a way to make his guns kill on the first shot while almost everything sent his way bounced off.

could be.
i think i, as programmer, could give some light to this.
He could debug whole game, using two computers, and watching registers in CPU during the, for example, shell flight.
Of course, that demands lots of work, like, is the shell hit calculated in the moment of firing, or during it's flight, or whatever...
08-08-2006, 08:50 AM,
I played him and in his short time here I wondered if he had a life as he chalked up an incredible number of games! I warned him due to real life I couldn't promise a turn every night -- especially with mirror games that he wanted vs one normal battle.
He did seem awful lucky in our battles but I didn't suspect anything bad. I just surrendered and let him have the victories.
To Rico aka "Schnitzelmeier", if you need any more for you tourney, drop me a line... it's been a long time since I was in one of your tournies... and if you don't need anyone, well, salute to your efforts and good luck sir! :)
BvB/Scott
08-08-2006, 09:18 AM,
Im glad to see someone caught him. Id like to know what exactly he was doing though.

I know in my experiences against him he always seemed to know exactly what I was doing, and was always 2 steps ahead of my ambushes. I consequently stopped playing him because of this 6th sense he seemed to have.

At any rate I recently started a new game with him and would like to claim it, do I simply report the game?
[Image: 88art.jpg]
08-08-2006, 12:01 PM,
RE:��101paratrooper has been banned