• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

101paratrooper has been banned
08-07-2006, 11:12 AM,
RE:��101paratrooper has been banned
08-07-2006, 12:06 PM,
RE: 101paratrooper has been banned
thats a thought, he just talked me into re-installing cmbo, we were having a good game, seemed like a decent chap. how does he cheat, can he crack your password? herrbixx( i feel so used):hissy:
08-07-2006, 12:49 PM,
From my experience he seemed to have figured out a way to make his guns kill on the first shot while almost everything sent his way bounced off.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
08-07-2006, 01:01 PM,
RE:��101paratrooper has been banned
08-07-2006, 03:30 PM,
Thats too bad about 101Para. But the Blitz moderators have done the right thing here and banned him. No question. Theres no room for cheaters in our community- end of story. (I would be interested as to how he got rumbled though??....I guess we'll never know).

Must admit I am intriuged as to why a player would go to those ends....just to get higher up the ladder?? Self-esteem?? Vainity?? Damn....some people do seem to have a lot of time on their hands.

- falco.
08-07-2006, 03:41 PM,
Just as a postscript to my above message: - it just occured to me that during the course of the operation I'm playing against 101, he often returned files to me that were ones that I had played and sent to him. Very often in fact. I may be way off the mark here but I wonder if he had some way of cracking passwords...??? :conf:

- falco.
08-07-2006, 04:42 PM,
I would think that if your opponent had inadvertantly returned a file to you that was one you already played (once), you could write it off as a mistake. If it happend "very often" as you say, then I would have to suspect I was playing either an inattentive opponent or something a bit more suspicious.

But again, the question as to "why"? I don't get it.
08-07-2006, 05:26 PM,
I don't know what he did, although replaying turns would be my guess... I still think it didn't help him alot, that or he got sloppy. Because I can tell you if he is defending in an operation he defends way too far back. I defeated him soundly once in the stolberg operation cmbo because he defended too far back. and I was in the process of doing it again, despite heavy losses in Operation Goodwood. although I must say I ended up with a lot of losses of bogged tanks during battle changes. that seemed a little odd, usually you get a few abandoned tanks back, instead I lost all those plus two that were immobile (bogged)...
:rolleyes: Krikey it's just a game. difficulties are the challenge, cheating is pointless. that's why I joined this club, people are more challenging opponents. If you just like to win keep playing the computer.
08-07-2006, 07:55 PM,
He probably accessed the data structures and altered the values.

Once the pbem file is loaded in memory you don't need to crack the password.

You could run a check for this but that's another thing altogether.
08-07-2006, 07:57 PM,
Well, it seems there was just too much smoke for there not to be any fire... sad when that happens.
Looks like we'll need a replacement player for the Blitz CMBB Byte Battle tourney after all...