I'm new to winSPMBT and looking for games
06-23-2006, 05:16 PM,
RE: I'm new to winSPMBT and looking for games
And then there are the Finns with fins:whis:

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2006, 08:37 PM,
Poor Sgt. Sgt. we hijacked his thread. In payment, here is a good idea for you.
Develop a standard operating procedure for processing a turn. There is a thread someplace here on the various SOPs used. Find (or invent) one that you are comfortable with. It helps a lot to get into a pattern on how you play a turn. It cuts down on the simple mistakes, like not moving or shooting a unit because you got involved in a firfight on the other side of the map. You will be suprised by how easy it is to do that.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
06-23-2006, 08:41 PM,
The Fins = snif thingie came from Outlaw Mike, MFBB ( My Fat Belguim Buddy). It was part of a monologue on the Fins taking over the EU Presidency. The Other Euros thought it was hilerous. I didn't get it. I guess it was the European version of a West 'by god' Virginia joke.
-Jessica Simpson
06-23-2006, 09:08 PM,
Grumbler Wrote:Poor Sgt. Sgt. we hijacked his thread. In payment, here is a good idea for you.
Develop a standard operating procedure for processing a turn. There is a thread someplace here on the various SOPs used. Find (or invent) one that you are comfortable with. It helps a lot to get into a pattern on how you play a turn. It cuts down on the simple mistakes, like not moving or shooting a unit because you got involved in a firfight on the other side of the map. You will be suprised by how easy it is to do that.

Sounds good, I'll definately look for those threads right now.
06-23-2006, 10:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2006, 11:08 PM by klanx171.)
From the title to this thing i thought it was a setup, but no its actually a real live (dont let the sharks get you buddy) person keen to battle it out in SP.

Well, welcome friend, to get you up to speed if you need help you can also ask me any questions should you want, the faster you get this thing under control the safer the water is to swim.

:)
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
06-23-2006, 10:32 PM,
Not to worry, there are no sharks on this ladder. Well, not many at least and most of those have stopped swimming and sunk to the bottom.Big Grin
06-23-2006, 11:08 PM,
Really?
06-23-2006, 11:10 PM,
Maybe, maybe not. When is a 10-foot long minnow with 8" teeth really a shark, or just a hungry minnow? I answered a neewbe ad and offerred him a game with me delaying as Iran, him advancing as the USA. Gave him twice the points. I figured with a newbee that was pretty much a fair match and planned on not hurting him to bad. Along about turn 5, In the middle of as well planned a combined arms attack as I have seen in a while, it dawned on me that I had beeen had.
When he took ALL the flags except one, so he could run up points on me, I realized what had jumped in the boat with me. The fins and teeth were what you might call a dead giveaway. It was a 10' minnow.
Being once again a wiser man, I look at all posts starting off; "I just DL'd this game and am looking for my fight PBEM opponent." with a somewhat jaundiced eye. A Black one at that.Violin
-Jessica Simpson
06-23-2006, 11:25 PM,
I too have learnt the hard way, give them a fair game but dont go easy on them coz the final objective here is to kill kill kill.

That said we dont want to scare of the newbies do we.
06-24-2006, 12:01 AM,
No, not if they really are newbes. Fresh blood, the new ideas, different POV's and enthusiasm they bring are vital to the sucess of all organizations, be it General Motors or an on-line hobby group. It's the Sharks dressed in a minnows skin (scales?) that bother me.
-Jessica Simpson