• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Definition of a mirror game?
06-19-2006, 05:08 AM,
Definition of a mirror game?
Can someone please clarify something for me. What exactly is a 'mirror game'?

I recently agreed to my first ever 'mirror' game, only my understanding of what they were appears to have been incorrect.

I assumed a mirror game was exactly that, that is one map 2 games, one you play Allies, one Axis. Whilst I am indeed playing 2 games, (1 Allied, 1 Axis), they are using different maps, and in both I'm attacking and my opponent defending.

Whilst I don't necessarily mind that, I would like to know for future reference so that If I invite, or am invited to play any more, both my opponent and I know what to expect; or if both options are valid that I need to be clear and what the exact arrangement is.
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2006, 05:29 AM,
RE: Definition of a mirror game?
Your understanding of what mirror games is correct.There is one map,two games(one with the allies,the other with axis) and the same parameters.So,if-in one game you attack with the allies,in the other one you'll be defending with the axis.Also,the other parameters must be the same for a game to be considered mirrored.A game with the above settings-where you must attack-for example- in 20 turns,but your opponent has 40- turns to do it,is not considered-from mu knowledge-mirrored.Same thing with the other settings.
Send this user an email
06-19-2006, 05:44 AM,
RE: Definition of a mirror game?
Thanks for clearing that up, cheers.