• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Recovery of ordnance in operations
06-19-2006, 03:17 AM,
Recovery of ordnance in operations
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2006, 03:33 AM,
RE: Recovery of ordnance in operations
I think its a case of the computer removing it.

Bootie
06-19-2006, 04:51 AM,
That's a relief! Not that I think it's going to make a vaste difference to the outcome as I can see history is going to repeat itself and as Brits I'm going to get my butt kicked.
06-20-2006, 10:23 AM,
I was just reading that you can fire on knocked out vehicles in order to set them afire, as if they flame they will definitely not be repaired. I didnt know that.

Course it doesn't apply to gun emplacements....
06-20-2006, 11:43 PM,
I just had a gun re crewed after a battle in an OP.

Makes sence, crew run away from gun, gun is undamaged, crew return to gun.
06-21-2006, 04:59 AM,
Ah poo! That means that I might be facing them all again!

As I said in my orignal post, I could maybe understand it were the crew had merely abandoned the gun AND they retained control of it location at the end of the battle, but not where it had ben knocked out or where the opponent, (in this case me), was actually sitting on the gun at the of the battle! I mean what do they do, ask, 'please sir can we have our gun back?'

I know I've got the Brits in Op Goodwood and were all for fair play, (overwise it's just not cricket), but that's going a bit too far!
06-21-2006, 05:03 AM,
Applelogies 4 the paw gramma and speeling in my urlier post, but I got just so wond up don't you know?!
06-21-2006, 05:28 AM,
I believe it's very unlikely that you'll have to fight again,against those guns.I have no statistics to back up my words,but from my experience with operations you might consider yourself very lucky if you can recover 1/10 from your losses.
Send this user an email
06-21-2006, 06:14 AM,
Only 1/10 of your losses, hmm! I recently finshed the 1 battle in the herrlisheim op against '101 Paratrooper' In which I knocked out no less than 11 AFV's including 4 H/T's, 2 Greyhounds and 5 assorted tanks.

I've just started the 2nd battle and going by the fact that the only wreckage that I see is that of 1 Greyhound and 1 Chafee it would appear that he's managed to recover everything else; that's a recovery rate of 82%!

It would appear therefore, that '101' is, (to quote 'Kapitan' from another thread), a 'jammy bast**d'.

The fact that he is also my opponent in Operation Goodwood, (and it was his AT Guns disappearing that triggered my original post), doesn't bode at all well.

To quote
06-21-2006, 06:38 AM,
101Paratrooper is probably the luckiest opponent that I have ever had, however, even if you see stuff dissapear in one battle there is absolutely no guarantee that it will all appear in the next or any subsequent one.