• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..." SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
06-23-2006, 06:46 PM,
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..." SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
Allied turn 6 Scorched Earth Vs Wolfman:

Ok guys, as my troops hunker down in the woods we came up with the idea of running our own poll. Which scenario sucks the best, Kasserine or Blockhead (as i now call it - for those un-lucky enough to play the Allies. For u Ubermench out there killing Tigers off at a rate of knots please disregard this poll. Also, if u dont vote i'll send the boys round, and as most of u are "back in the world", u will be paying the transatlantic flight costs.....

Allied arty get a good strike in & kill off a hero of the Reich, a few more Panthers join the Reich's scrap metal drive - everything for the front!!!, and some more AA HT's. All of which makes me wonder, i must be standing right in front of the worlds biggest conveyor belt as Axis troops pop up everywhere the Russkies turn....

This is one mother of a game, and as the Allies finally make it to double figures the Red Socks (compulsory wear for all Russkies) go wild & betray their positions by all that Red Flag waving. Now as all u Horticultularists out there will know, Flags are lovely plants, but well, u just dont get Red ones anymore, not since the great tea trolley disaster of 1776.

So far, it's an Allied minor loss at 134 points (but who's counting -bring it on Wolfman - yawooooooooooo). If your an Earl fan, is Wolfman any relation to Crabman? - have i set foot on Monster Island by mistake? I'll let u ponder that one for later Sitrep fans (all 25 of you :-))

Losses so far are: Allied: 98, Axis: 228. (a little like the forthcoming England/Germany match for all u WorldCup fans out there), this is a slightly shell shocked, damp & lost in the woods Scorched Earth signing off.

Winner of the What War Tacky Typewriter Golden Ball contest - 1945, 1952, & 1979 ( i missed out in 1982 due to drunkeness - but that was vicious slander - the seat was already wet)......
Scorched Earth
[email protected]
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2006, 09:55 PM,
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..." SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
Scorched Earth Wrote:(a little like the forthcoming England/Germany match for all u WorldCup fans out there)

Ummm....England's upcomming match is against Ecuador!

The only way they meet Germany is in the finals, but they would have to get past Holland, which we all know isn't going to happen! :whis:

Thanx!

Hawk
06-23-2006, 10:04 PM,
Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
Scorched Earth Wrote:(a little like the forthcoming England/Germany match for all u WorldCup fans out there)

Ummm....England's upcomming match is against Ecuador!

The only way they meet Germany is in the finals, but they would have to get past Holland, which we all know isn't going to happen! :whis:

Thanx!

Hawk

Ha, dont be too sure,the Dutch will get lost in their Polders, as every true Englishment knows, the only game is England vs Germany. Dont forget to sing the ditty, "One World Cup and Two World Wars do dah." :whis:
Scorched Earth
[email protected]
06-23-2006, 10:28 PM,
Allied turn 7 SC vs WM:

Well, i now know how the Titanic Captain felt. The award for the worst game of all time goes to.... (drum roll), Blockhead. Only play if u have a total death wish as Allied, which i guess my guys have got, well those i have left. I can feel my hand twitching for that dirty white flag, blood stained & tattered...

Scorched Earth
[email protected]
06-23-2006, 10:33 PM,
Scorched Earth Wrote:Ha, dont be too sure,the Dutch will get lost in their Polders, as every true Englishment knows, the only game is England vs Germany. Dont forget to sing the ditty, "One World Cup and Two World Wars do dah." :whis:

I think Aerosmith has the right words for your belief that England will be in the finals.

"Dream On, Dream On, dream until your dream comes true"

HAHAHA!!

Thanx!

Hawk
06-23-2006, 11:24 PM,
Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
Scorched Earth Wrote:Ha, dont be too sure,the Dutch will get lost in their Polders, as every true Englishment knows, the only game is England vs Germany. Dont forget to sing the ditty, "One World Cup and Two World Wars do dah." :whis:

I think Aerosmith has the right words for your belief that England will be in the finals.

"Dream On, Dream On, dream until your dream comes true"

HAHAHA!!

Thanx!

Hawk

BWahahahaha, that was almost as good as the ol US of A losing to Ghana - 2-1 was'nt it?cheers
Scorched Earth
[email protected]
06-23-2006, 11:31 PM,
Scorched Earth Wrote:BWahahahaha, that was almost as good as the ol US of A losing to Ghana - 2-1 was'nt it?cheers

Ah but the USA was not my team, the Big Orange is.

But yes it was pretty pathetic losing them losing to Ghana.

Thanx!

Hawk
06-24-2006, 03:28 AM,
SITREP Turn 5
Rasputin-v-Ed

Picking shards of glass off my uniform and lighting another liberated cigarette I wearily sit down in the command tent. While visiting a forward infantry unit red artillery fell on the position...good thing the enemy artillery is firing blind at the moment....I may be forced to do something about that.....

....blows smoke....waves.....

"Sir...glad you made it back. You will not like this one bit-radio reports from the north sector report one of our infantry scout units came under heavy fire from red tanks across the valley. Before comms were lost something was yelled about large numbers of tanks along the opposing ridgeline. No further attempts were made against the ridge and no further attempts to flank the north were spotted........Also, a poor map reading decision by the idiot driver of a flak HT managed to blunder into the sights of a ruski tank and we lost the entire platoon as a result......"

Another one who failed to move across the country fields rather than the road. Idiot probably thought he was invisible or something....what a waste......

....wave.....

"We are in the process of fending off a heavy ruski probe in the center sector just NE of the Krupki factory complex. Per your orders one of our Jagdpanzer teams moved forward to confirm heavy enemy tank units close to our lines after reports of mines exploding came in. The Jagdpanzer was forced to retreat leaving behind one wrecked vehicle but not before withstanding multiple hits and confirming the presence of at least one full red tank battalion advancing west along the highway. The big cats were sent in under Captain Deistel and despite reeling under multiple hits managed to kill at least 5 T-34's and more importantly-disrupt the attack maneuvers of 4 tank platoons. And they are in the open sir! The Captain and 1 platoon of Tigers remain on the ridgeline almost daring the Ivans to come get them! Insanity......."

Insane yet brave....those Tigers can withstand a lot of bruising and that Captain allowed the remaining cats to withdraw out of enemy's sight. We may be outnumbered....but with Ivan caught in the open like this I may be able to punish him further.....

....wave....wave....

"....to the south....nothing. All is quiet for the time being.....We suspect the main armored fist is hitting us in the middle with a secondary attempt to turn our lines in the north imminent......"

Rasputin out cheers

p.s. As an aside this is a pretty friggin nerve wracking scenario! I can see the obvious terrain/time disadvantage that Ed has to operate under....but man does he have a lot of tanks :P

It's also tough knowing one's opponent is a shark :smg:
"We herd sheep....we drive cattle...we LEAD people! Lead me...follow me...or get out of my way!"
GEN George Patton
06-24-2006, 03:29 AM,
SITREP Turn 5
Rasputin-v-Ed

Picking shards of glass off my uniform and lighting another liberated cigarette I wearily sit down in the command tent. While visiting a forward infantry unit red artillery fell on the position...good thing the enemy artillery is firing blind at the moment....I may be forced to do something about that.....

....blows smoke....waves.....

"Sir...glad you made it back. You will not like this one bit-radio reports from the north sector report one of our infantry scout units came under heavy fire from red tanks across the valley. Before comms were lost something was yelled about large numbers of tanks along the opposing ridgeline. No further attempts were made against the ridge and no further attempts to flank the north were spotted........Also, a poor map reading decision by the idiot driver of a flak HT managed to blunder into the sights of a ruski tank and we lost the entire platoon as a result......"

Another one who failed to move across the country fields rather than the road. Idiot probably thought he was invisible or something....what a waste......

....wave.....

"We are in the process of fending off a heavy ruski probe in the center sector just NE of the Krupki factory complex. Per your orders one of our Jagdpanzer teams moved forward to confirm heavy enemy tank units close to our lines after reports of mines exploding came in. The Jagdpanzer was forced to retreat leaving behind one wrecked vehicle but not before withstanding multiple hits and confirming the presence of at least one full red tank battalion advancing west along the highway. The big cats were sent in under Captain Deistel and despite reeling under multiple hits managed to kill at least 5 T-34's and more importantly-disrupt the attack maneuvers of 4 tank platoons. And they are in the open sir! The Captain and 1 platoon of Tigers remain on the ridgeline almost daring the Ivans to come get them! Insanity......."

Insane yet brave....those Tigers can withstand a lot of bruising and that Captain allowed the remaining cats to withdraw out of enemy's sight. We may be outnumbered....but with Ivan caught in the open like this I may be able to punish him further.....

....wave....wave....

"....to the south....nothing. All is quiet for the time being.....We suspect the main armored fist is hitting us in the middle with a secondary attempt to turn our lines in the north imminent......"

Rasputin out cheers

p.s. As an aside this is a pretty friggin nerve wracking scenario! I can see the obvious terrain/time disadvantage that Ed has to operate under....but man does he have a lot of tanks :P

It's also tough knowing one's opponent is a shark :smg:
"We herd sheep....we drive cattle...we LEAD people! Lead me...follow me...or get out of my way!"
GEN George Patton
06-24-2006, 03:58 AM,
Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
Scorched Earth Wrote:BWahahahaha, that was almost as good as the ol US of A losing to Ghana - 2-1 was'nt it?cheers

Ah but the USA was not my team, the Big Orange is.

But yes it was pretty pathetic losing them losing to Ghana.

Thanx!

Hawk

Big Orange?, is that next door to the Big Apple? u folks over there sure like things on the big side. On a serious note, before we have pistols at dawn, a Dutch/England game would be interesting as we both cheer our teams on.
Scorched Earth
[email protected]