• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"THE LONGEST DAY" CMAK operation ROUND 1
06-19-2006, 06:55 PM,
RE: "THE LONGEST DAY" CMAK operation ROUND 1
MY SINCEER APOLOGIES GUYS for the mixx up ....i worked alone on this so it was hard for me to clear things out to the milimetre..so
in ROUND 1 you play mirror game ..here's it's definition writen by Bootie

A mirror game is the same forces (although this isnt set in stone) on the same map played from both sides. You attack in one, defend in the other.

SO in ROund 1 u play the PEgasus map with your opponent mirror
In total in the groupe stage we'll play 6 games...at the end how is on top 2 from the grup goes forward...i am already in turn 3 with my opponent ...i've sent him my setups on the map and he replyed..simple

I have lot to learn for my exmans and now you know what to do..good hunting in your game ..hope you like the map ..i worked very hard at it

Hope now everything is clear...
When everybody finishes we'll start ROUND 2 joining the 82'nd in it's Crusade ...CHEERS

P.S: don't forget to send me your results of the battle when u finish so that i can update the site with them

CURAHEE

Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2006, 07:16 PM,
Bootie(FGM) Wrote:Well if 101 drops out Geordie is on standby to take his place.

Bootie

I'm still having reservations even about my reservation place.

AT first I though this was a CMBO Campaign. Then it became a CMAK Campaign, but not as it quickly switched to a QB Knockout Tournament along the lines of the World Cup.

Then I was told that it wont be a QB and that accurate force mix was to be used over accurate maps, but it was going to be reported as a QB?

I applaud and congratulate 101 Para for the swiftness of deciding to set-up a Tournament and its equally swift implementation. However despite my reservations I think the Acid test of this one will be the feedback received from the guys actually playing in it. So good luck to you all and let us know how it goes.
06-19-2006, 08:58 PM,
I HAVE UPDATED THE WEB SITE WITH A MESSAGE BOARD so if you have questions regarding my campaign/turnament write them there CAMPAIGN WEB SITE
06-19-2006, 10:38 PM,
Dumb question: in this Pegasus Bridge scenario, what are the burning areas supposed to be? Gliders on fire? Markers for the glider landings? Just curious....
06-19-2006, 10:56 PM,
101Para
sent you PM, check your inbox
Cheers
LT
"Kornie"
06-20-2006, 05:54 PM,
HAHA ...yes super question ...there is the spot where the gliders landed and since i hadn't a plane to putt there i putt a burning tree :-) sign that a glider burned there ...

06-21-2006, 12:29 AM,
I didnt realise they had went on fire?

Bootie
06-21-2006, 12:53 AM,
The gliders didn't burn (obviously they had no engine or fuel), and if they had, the surprise would've been blown...

The fires are placeholders for the landed gliders, but it might have been better to have chosen another kind of object. Still, I'm not going to complain too loudly, it won't matter much to the game...
06-21-2006, 01:07 AM,
LOL... I was only teasing but thanks for presuming I needed that clarified.

;-)

Bootie
06-24-2006, 11:44 PM,
I assumed the fires were set by the British liason officers who insisted on a cup of tea upon landing. Next glider comes in, knocks over the fire pit, and the field is on fire.