• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Have you ever been completely destroyed?
06-15-2006, 11:08 PM,
RE: Have you ever been completely destroyed?
have u ever played against BobP if u have u know where i am comming from, and Herr Nash as well they r about the 2 toughest opnts i have played against a few times Eek
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2006, 11:23 PM,
Hello All,

Yes I have been pounded into dust many times. I will hang in there if I think I have a chance of even getting a minor loss, but I will surrender when things are beyond hope.

Thanx!

Hawk
06-16-2006, 01:07 AM,
JvK,BobP,Thor,Krispin,Tiger 88,Laza,Oberst ....just to name a few who have shown me the road to a bit of humility......learned a lot from all of them tho.....usually will offer to surrender if I think the scenario is becoming no fun for my opponent.

"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
06-16-2006, 02:18 AM,
BobP, Nort, mtK, Tankertony and Umbro have all efficiently dismantled my forces.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Send this user an email
06-16-2006, 03:22 AM,
I'm starting to make a career of being turned into dust (thank you Hobbes, McIvan, Tiger 88, Jeepster 777, etc., etc., ... if I left someone out, props to you as well)!

While it is fun to win, and it's equally frustrating to be pounded, I'm having a blast losing to great opponents from whom I learn a lot and also just enjoy the back and forth of a well played game. I mean, you have to appreciate the ingenuity of a well planned string of disruptions and captures. It sucks to be on the receiving end, but as far as this game we all play goes, it is a thing of beauty to behold.

Then there's the witty banter that everyone seems to be equally capable of dishing out. If I surrender the game, then it means no more jokes. If I'm going to take a Major Loss, then I might as well get a laugh out of it, right?

Major BS
06-16-2006, 03:32 AM,
What gets me - is when you think you have the perfect set-up - all of a sudden you find your nuts in the vice and their ain't no pulling out! When I personnally know that I have no chance and that my nuts were in fact crunched in that vice - I will humbly offer my sword over to the opposing General and accept the ass whooping for what it was.............but - on the other hand - I certainly do love to get the vice ready for the above referenced situation....he,he,he.....

For me - the ulitmate carnage is getting your loaded units totally wasted by another guys recon units....that's when you get the feeling the vice is set-up!

Great thread by the way!
06-16-2006, 05:43 AM,
If anyone is looking to see what the inside of a rectum looks like, I suggest playing "Assault through the weeping Woods" as German: Luftwaffe and Volksturm against a million Soviets, one chainsaw, and 5 barking dogs.

In a rage of hubris while mentoring a young Padwan by the name of Eric Applequist (Jumbo), I tried my best to stop the Russkie advance and was literally destroyed to the man. The only thing left standing was a 2 SP JagTiger unit that I never had gotten released at the back end of the map, a few artillery pieces, one horse, one wagon, and perhaps a platoon of Goering's finest with very dirty shorts.

One of the most humbling experiences of my life. Oh, and btw, I think I found a polyp in Jumbo's large intestine that we first thought may be malignant, but it turns out it was just a very large lump of my ego being turned into, ahem, waste.

: )

Leto

06-16-2006, 08:22 AM,
I can recall being more or less totally wiped out as Germans in Tank Graveyard at Minsk, and it was that Leto fellow wot done it to me.

Usual tactic when losing is to suicide everything in a futile attempt to capture objectives on the last turn.