• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Have you ever been completely destroyed?
06-15-2006, 09:42 AM,
Have you ever been completely destroyed?
Have you ever had an opponent make a meat pie of your forces and then digested them right in front of you?

There are very few instances where I have been reduced to a horse drawn wagon in a match, and even fewer where the opponent allowed me to do the same... There seems to be a propensity within the club to surrender and not fight games out until the bitter end.

To you I ask: what is so horrible about being shot out an opponents backside after making a meal of you? Doesn't anyone have any interest in causing your masterful opponent a bit of heartburn here and there?

Kudos to all that play games to their bitter and final end, especially when you have been swallowed whole and have nought left but scratch at the enemies intestinal tract with a limp piece of asparagus.

Cheers!

Leto
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2006, 09:59 AM,
RE: Have you ever been completely destroyed?
Leto I've neen past through so many lower intestine on this ladder I know who does and who doesn't have tapeworms Eek cheers

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
06-15-2006, 10:05 AM,
Oh yeah. I think we have all been there ... on both sides of the equation. For me, I seem to remember taking the beating, much more clearly than giving the beating. :)

The most recent drubbings that I have taken were in the Shark Fin Soup Tourney and in the Battles in the North Tourney. All you can do is tip your cap, pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and try again.
06-15-2006, 10:44 AM,
Thank you for this post. I was thinking the exact same thing after playing Jeepster777 in the WF First Clash at Carpiquet.

I used smoke to cover my advance and dismounted my men without incident near the airfield. In one turn I lost over half of my infantry.

It is a good thing I never joined the military. Actually I think my attack went well, but Eddie just kicked my a$$.
06-15-2006, 11:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2006, 10:30 AM by Thor.)
Yup. More than once.

The worst beating was by great former Bltiz Ace "Krispin" who literally took me apart in Tank Graveyard -- with OP FIRE!!! Let me repeat: with OP FIRE! Eek

He was Axis and took up such a strong defensive line that I could not do anything but bash my troops to oblivian on it, much as the wave crashes and inevitably breaks against the shore. :rolleyes:

Krispin was one of the best ever. No doubt. But Jim von Krieg also taught me how little I knew about CS when we played Giants of the Vistula; BobP had me for lunch more than once Shark2 ; and Tanker Tony handed me my head twice in a row, in a very disheartening manner. Cry

Now Nort, he has feasted too. But he nibbled me to death in several games -- which may be even more painful than being swallowed whole! :censored:

Ok, enough. The scars will reopen. :eek1:

cheers
Thor
06-15-2006, 01:37 PM,
I beat Ed down to almost no troops a couple of times, but he still got Major Victories out of both games. Lousy sneaky Facist thugs! Other than that, yeah, I've been through a few digestive tracts in my time.
06-15-2006, 07:49 PM,
Yes! Hang

I hate beating a dead horse as much as I like to be the dead horse. For the sake of time, I'll offer terms or surrender. :rolleyes:

I had a distasteful early experience where my opponent refused to accept my offer of surrender. He played until the end. I kept pulling stuff off the map until I was just closing and mailing back files. ROE's for that game included soft vehicles and HQ's could exit the map! :smoke:
Then he had the audacity to complain :hissy: that he could not find any more of my troops.
I tried to tell him that I did not have any. :kill: LOL! never played him again! ;)

I still play the Dog though! cheers
06-15-2006, 08:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2006, 04:18 AM by Abatis.)
Many times more than I have managed the deed myself!

I'll play to the end for a minor D, but if maj D is where I am at, and I can't shake things up to pull a minor, I usually will surrender. It's all for fun, and once it isn't fun, why continue? I'm gracious to my opponent in these circumstances, and usually very happy to rematch. In the circumstances where I am dominating, I'm fine with my opponent calling it quits if he's getting frustrated. Why should he have to go through that? Let's get another one going instead! Ah! The Pheonix like nature of getting your ass kicked in this game is something to behold! Win or lose, we're always back for more(except the guys who aren't, who probably aren't in this club to read this anyway!LOL)
"I'll wrestle anybody in the crowd!"

Pappy Boyington
06-15-2006, 10:26 PM,
Quote:To you I ask: what is so horrible about being shot out an opponents backside after making a meal of you?
Leto

Well, you do end up as a pile in the road that the flies are buzzing around.

Myself I don't recall surrendering, although I have excepted a few (A very very few..) Usually that involved personal life interfering with the Game, and I do not recall ever taking the maximum points against an opponent who surrendered for that reason.
No matter how desperate the game situation I try to never ever give up.

Michael
06-15-2006, 10:47 PM,
It has certainly happened to me. More times than I would like to admit. ;)

If things are truly hopeless, i.e. I basically have no combat power left at all (down to HQs, artillery, transport, etc.), I would and have surrendered, but if there's even a chance at getting the minor loss rather than a major one, I'll fight to the end.