• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Byte Battle Brawl -- Latest!
06-22-2006, 05:33 PM,
RE: Byte Battle Brawl -- Latest!
Elltee -- got real kick when my Green crew T-26 got nailed your armoured car first shot - heh-heh :whis:

Still waiting to see if my german dispositions vs taffy are going to hold out... :boom2:
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2006, 05:54 PM,
I had a Battalion of Recon troops and a Motor Rifle Platoon, so I was just over a Company in size, but my HQ's had next to no bonus ratings, one had +1 morale and on had +1 stealth and +1 combat and that was it for 6 HQ's. The AI used up my points with 82mm FO's. I figured i should go for the side with the 2 flags and just try for those, I loaded up the area with smoke orders for the FO's and thought i would try to take a building or two through the grainfields and smoke then work my way through the buildings and gain control of 2 flags then hang on. So i am all ready to go and i got it timed so the smoke deploys and off i strike towards the buildings to take up positions, well about 45 seconds before my FO's start the smoke show he hits me from out of no where with a 75mm barrage of his own right on top of one of my FO's and two of my platoons and of course they all go pinned. Now only one FO starts the screen because the other FO goes pinned and lays it in front of the first FO like planned, but by the time the second FO starts the smoke his view is blocked by 1 wisp of smoke from the first FO and the second screen is off in the trees somewhere. I correct the second FO smoke and cover the area with pufffy smoke, and off my guys head for the buildings. I am a turn delayed but all looks well, i was having a tough time seeing all my guys so i figured he did not have a chance to see them but somehow, and this is where all his horsehoes come in handy, he has about about 1/2 dozen squads an AT gun and a PSW 222 at about 150m+ that can see all through the smoke and start shooting me up in the Fields. I do make it to the buildings with about 1/2 my force and the rest run for cover calling their for their mothers. I losw 2 t38s and a bt5 but the bt5 lost is the HQ so now i am gonna be very slow reacting to any threat with armor. From there i just start to pound the buildings with his guys in them but i can't get them to panic even after the buildings collapse he is still in good order. I bet you i hammered away for 10 turns and never saw one of his guys get evicted from its nest, I caused casualties but he held fast. I could not rally the forces that broke during the advance even by the end of the game. I had no MGs. After a while and against my better judgement I had to force my way to the buildings with the troops and armor that i had and he had an 75mm Inf gun a 37mm At gun and the PSW 222 and a PSW 223 for good measure, I was just slowly picked apart from range and he consistenly hit with his 1st shot while I did not-game over.
06-22-2006, 09:12 PM,
Great write up - Rico did me with 2 huge smoke screens right on my positions and my units were unable to support each other and got picked off 1 by 1.
06-23-2006, 06:24 PM,
ANNOUNCEMENT
We have a personnel change in the Blitz BBB:

Bubonicus is pulling out of the tourney (he is completing his Round 1 games though)

USS Wyoming will take his place from Round 2 onwards.

Welcome aboard.

Blitz CMBB Byte Battle Brawl
06-23-2006, 06:36 PM,
95B and I have resumed....hopefully he is so mellow after his holiday that he has forgotten all tactical sense! Yeah...right Big Grin
"We herd sheep....we drive cattle...we LEAD people! Lead me...follow me...or get out of my way!"
GEN George Patton
06-23-2006, 07:26 PM,
As far as I can tell, tactical sense is the last thing you need to win this one...LOL
06-23-2006, 07:51 PM,
Haha....being a relative newcomer means that I can use all the help I can get! I have to say the format is a lot of fun....as I am still not really sure of the "rock-scissors-paper" science of picking a good QB side the random selection of units sort of levels the playing field a bit...and should make for some amusing matchups equipment-wise!
"We herd sheep....we drive cattle...we LEAD people! Lead me...follow me...or get out of my way!"
GEN George Patton
06-23-2006, 10:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2006, 10:42 PM by Rico (FGM).)
Have started adding links to game AAR's to the ROUND 1 Results page. -- look out for the (AAR) link next to players' names.
If you have posted AAR's of your battles somewhere, give me the link and I'll add it... as well as screenshots.

06-25-2006, 01:23 AM,
Very mellow after my vacation. But now, like the Rasputin of old, he will find himself laid out on a slab of marble. Now if only my troops will cooperate. First contact made as Russians.
06-25-2006, 02:40 AM,
I'm now half way through my game as Germans in this, under pressure but so far holding up the Soviets.

This is the damage 1 AT gun can do if it gets lucky.

[attachment=455]