• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A really big day for Wargame Design Studio
11-21-2021, 02:14 PM,
RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio
Congratulations WDS on the new move.  Best wishes for your continued success and support for the hobby.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2021, 03:13 PM,
(11-21-2021, 02:14 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Congratulations WDS on the new move.  Best wishes for your continued success and support for the hobby.

Dog Soldier

Thanks Brian,

You know what part you have played in the formation and evolution of WDS!

In your debt,

David
11-22-2021, 05:25 PM,
Its seldom when there is change of this magnitude and it all happens to be fantastic news! I could not think of any other group more capable and trusted with the John Tillers game legacy, Congrats. All the changes I have seen so far have been improvements that are much appreciated. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that the 4.0 WDS updates were not just change of IP ownership, but a *lot* of work was done on all the different series...wow...just wow. You guys have been very busy....and a new CW title to boot...hats off!
Kind Regards,
Harry
11-23-2021, 07:32 PM,
How does the Replacement value work in Panzer Battles?

In Normandy, in the pdt file, 1 appears by default
11-23-2021, 08:29 PM,
(11-23-2021, 07:32 PM)javier Wrote: How does the Replacement value work in Panzer Battles?

In Normandy, in the pdt file, 1 appears by default

Replacements are based on a percentage that can be set in the OOB for a defined organization. None of the current PzB titles have such percentages set, so it does not apply to them at this stage. However Unit Loss Recovery does apply. This is described in the PzC manual as;

"Units that have taken losses in combat have the possibility of recovering some of their losses. This represents a combination of factors such as straggler recovery, wounded recovery, and vehicle repair. Loss recovery also applies to losses taken by air units. The determination of unit loss recovery is automatically made at the beginning of each player turn for the units for that side and reported in the Command Dialog. Loss recovery is based on Parameter Data for each side. Before a unit can recover losses, it must not move, fire, assault, be fired upon (with a result other than ‘No Effect’) or be assaulted during the previous turn. In addition, the unit cannot be Digging-In, be building a bridge, be Broken, or be in a minefield. The Parameter Data value for that side will determine what percentage of its losses the unit is eligible to recover on average. The actual percentage applied is randomly determined for each unit and will range form 0 to twice the Parameter Data value.

The Quality of a unit affects its nominal recovery rate based on the following modifiers:
• Quality A units recover at 200% the nominal rate.
• Quality B units recover at 150% the nominal rate.
• Quality D units recover at 75% the nominal rate.
• Quality E units recover at 50% the nominal rate.
• Quality F units recover at 25% the nominal rate"

The PzB manual is currently being revised. Explanations of Replacements and Unit Loss Recovery will be included in the new version once it is available.
11-23-2021, 09:34 PM,
Thanks very much for your message
11-24-2021, 05:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 08:19 AM by Delaware.)
Hi Strela
I have to ask because people are asking on Reddit… will WDS have the traditional Yearly sale that JTS had?
I know it’s a different set of parameters for you all but people are curious

Thank you for all that WDS has done
11-24-2021, 08:50 PM,
Getting the email notices was an early X-mas for me, and congratulations to WDS on the big move. I wish you the best.

I wonder, how does this event alter your plans for this series if at all? Assuming you now have the source code (and not previously), will we be seeing major changes to this series?

Thanks for the updates! The hi-res 2d map view looks much better.
11-25-2021, 01:00 PM,
(11-24-2021, 05:45 AM)Delaware Wrote: Hi Strela
I have to ask because people are asking on Reddit… will WDS have the traditional Yearly sale that JTS had?
I know it’s a different set of parameters for you all but people are curious

Thank you for all that WDS has done

Hi Delaware, and welcome to the Blitz..

I’d prefer to be non-committal right now and say that sales and other go-to-market decisions are under review.

I did answer a question regarding selling on Steam elsewhere, and the current view on that is that we would prefer to operate through our own shopfront at this time.

David
11-25-2021, 01:08 PM,
(11-24-2021, 08:50 PM)Trac_511 Wrote: Getting the email notices was an early X-mas for me, and congratulations to WDS on the big move. I wish you the best.

I wonder, how does this event alter your plans for this series if at all? Assuming you now have the source code (and not previously), will we be seeing major changes to this series?

Thanks for the updates! The hi-res 2d map view looks much better.

Major changes has a different definition dependent on who you ask!

If the previous Gold updates were Panzer Campaigns 2.0, we are considering Panzer Campaigns 3.0. This will probably be a lot of the usability enhancements built into Panzer Battles (and other series), being implemented here. In addition, following on from the push to improve documentation, scenario descriptions and player aids, we are hoping to start rebalancing previously released scenarios into WDS ‘approved’ versions. More on this soon, but this will be community project as much as a WDS one.

David