• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Partizans
07-21-2021, 05:17 PM,
Partizans
Can someone explain to me how four battalions of A rated Panzer Grenadiers get disordered by one 25-man partizan unit? There must have been some bad luck for sure but how do A units get disordered on a simple morale check? Is there a formula?   jonny Propeller Hat
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2021, 07:42 PM,
RE: Partizans
Jonny, as far as I am aware, there is no Morale check, so the Morale rating is not relevant. The User Manual says that;

"Enemy units moving in Travel Mode are subject to possible Disruption and loss of remaining Movement Points. The probability of this happening is determined on a hex-by-hex basis using the Deception Effect probability."

The deception range and the effect percentage are given in the parameter data. Whether or not you have been unlucky in this particular instance would depend on these values, the total number of units involved and the numbers of hexes each unit entered within the range.

Generally the parameter values are not large so you would not expect mass disruptions. The only exception I can think of is in El Alamein '42 but these values are used by Deception units (LRDG units) not Partisans. 

John
07-21-2021, 11:45 PM,
(07-21-2021, 07:42 PM)Green Wrote: Jonny, as far as I am aware, there is no Morale check, so the Morale rating is not relevant. The User Manual says that;

"Enemy units moving in Travel Mode are subject to possible Disruption and loss of remaining Movement Points. The probability of this happening is determined on a hex-by-hex basis using the Deception Effect probability."

The deception range and the effect percentage are given in the parameter data. Whether or not you have been unlucky in this particular instance would depend on these values, the total number of units involved and the numbers of hexes each unit entered within the range.

Generally the parameter values are not large so you would not expect mass disruptions. The only exception I can think of is in El Alamein '42 but these values are used by Deception units (LRDG units) not Partisans. 

John

Thanks. It all seems too mysterious. One would think that the effects should at least partially be determined by morale. Where does one find the formula? It is given for ammo and fuel shortages but I don't see it for deception/partizan units. Methinks the formula was made up in the early days and hasn't been changed since, whatever it is. It doesn't seem right that A rated units suffer the same effects as do D rated Landwehr.  jonny :soap box:
07-22-2021, 12:47 AM,
I would imagine that a 25 man team with land mines buried in the road would spoil fours battalions road trip quite quickly!!
07-22-2021, 01:05 AM,
(07-22-2021, 12:47 AM)JAFFA Wrote: I would imagine that a 25 man team with land mines buried in the road would spoil fours battalions road trip quite quickly!!

Yes it would stop their road movement. In the instance I am writing about the four battalions were stopped and disordered on four different hexes, three of them off road. Anyway it is what it is and it ain't changing. Thanks for taking an interest.  jonny LOL
07-22-2021, 07:28 AM,
(07-21-2021, 11:45 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: Thanks. It all seems too mysterious. One would think that the effects should at least partially be determined by morale. Where does one find the formula? It is given for ammo and fuel shortages but I don't see it for deception/partizan units. Methinks the formula was made up in the early days and hasn't been changed since, whatever it is. It doesn't seem right that A rated units suffer the same effects as do D rated Landwehr.  jonny Soap Box

No mystery, that I know of. As I mentioned above, the chance of disruption is the Effect percentage for each hex entered in the Deception Range, provided the unit is in travel mode. This is the formula that the User Manual gives.
07-22-2021, 07:52 AM,
(07-22-2021, 07:28 AM)Green Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 11:45 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: Thanks. It all seems too mysterious. One would think that the effects should at least partially be determined by morale. Where does one find the formula? It is given for ammo and fuel shortages but I don't see it for deception/partizan units. Methinks the formula was made up in the early days and hasn't been changed since, whatever it is. It doesn't seem right that A rated units suffer the same effects as do D rated Landwehr.  jonny Soap Box

No mystery, that I know of. As I mentioned above, the chance of disruption is the Effect percentage for each hex entered in the Deception Range, provided the unit is in travel mode. This is the formula that the User Manual gives.
It seems much higher than ten percent chance (per hex I guess) of disruption over a 3-hex range. That's all the info there is. At least for fuel and ammo there is a formula for example:   C / (C+R) = 7 / (7 + 7) = 7 / 14 = 50%. iI addition it doesn't seem as though "patrolling" does anything. It seems sometimes like I have half my units patrolling but as soon as I put someone into travel mode they are immediately disordered. Just sayin'    jonny Jester
07-22-2021, 08:57 AM,
(07-22-2021, 07:52 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: It seems much higher than ten percent chance (per hex I guess) of disruption over a 3-hex range. That's all the info there is. At least for fuel and ammo there is a formula for example:   C / (C+R) = 7 / (7 + 7) = 7 / 14 = 50%. iI addition it doesn't seem as though "patrolling" does anything. It seems sometimes like I have half my units patrolling but as soon as I put someone into travel mode they are immediately disordered. Just sayin'    jonny Jester

Sorry, I did not give a formula as it is simply this;

Disruption chance = Effect percentage.

If the Effect percentage is 10% the chance of Disruption is 10%.

Without knowing what parameter values that apply in the game you are playing, I cannot comment on whether or not you have been unlucky. Do you know what the values are?

And, if you think you have found a bug in the way Patrolling works, you should provide the details of the situation where you believe it has failed. As far as I am aware it is working as intended.
07-22-2021, 11:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2021, 11:00 AM by Ricky B.)
From what I recall, say in a Serbia battle, if moving as a stack a check is made for the stack, and not each unit separately. So a failure on the check disrupts the stack. So it would look like 100 percent versus 10 percent in that case. But I may not be right. Easy enough to check though, with a test.
[Image: exercise.png]