• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Coming Soon....
04-15-2015, 01:26 AM,
RE: Coming Soon....
Look at the with a sort of realistic lighting to it and with it being a Tiller and Co. world, here the sun rises in the north and sets in the north. So the top half of rising elevations are lighter because of direct sun light and the lower halves are still in the shade.
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2015, 09:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015, 09:02 PM by Strela.)
Hi All,

Well it's well into another week and time for a few more shots for you.

Here are some Moscow '42, Winter Germans.

These will be (in most cases) different to the Kharkov '43 Germans who had much better Winter clothing by the second winter of the War in the East. The Moscow '42 Germans were a lot worse off unfortunately.

100%

[Image: M42%2015.png]

200%

[Image: M42%2016.png]

I'm currently updating a new version of the OB to limit the size of German replacement recoveries. In many cases (Axis) units will be limited to a maximum of 50% of their original TO&E. Where regiments were disbanded during the campaign they will be given even lower threshold. Currently, I only believe I need to limit the German side, but testing will indicate whether that's a correct assumption or not.

In my next post I'll write up a little on the hoped for changes in the engine.

David
04-17-2015, 12:27 AM,
I like the new graphics, but the Aufklaerung unit with the PPSh 41 seems a bit out of place, as production had only just begun by the start of the December scenario.

It might be my imagination, but the soldier representing the Deutschland regiment seems to be using something like a Mannlicher 95/30, with the iron ring on the end of the barrel and a small bit of wood after that.
04-17-2015, 10:41 AM,
(04-17-2015, 12:27 AM)ComradeP Wrote: I like the new graphics, but the Aufklaerung unit with the PPSh 41 seems a bit out of place, as production had only just begun by the start of the December scenario.

It might be my imagination, but the soldier representing the Deutschland regiment seems to be using something like a Mannlicher 95/30, with the iron ring on the end of the barrel and a small bit of wood after that.

Hi thanks for the commentary.

Mr PPSH will probably stay in play as I have Russians (in the initial thread post) also using it. We only have so many resources to create graphics/colourise photos and with my push to have both early war and late war 'Winter' Germans we have twice the load. Add variability between Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe and SS personnel and there is a significant requirement for a range of different figures.

As far as the Mannlicher - I only know my basic firearms.

Here is the original shot where more of the weapon is visible;

[Image: M42%2017.png]

David
04-17-2015, 03:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2015, 03:28 PM by ComradeP.)
Hmm, I thought the rifle was facing away from the soldier instead of slung sideways. The only common rifles I can think of with the end of the barrel like that are the Mannlicher and Krag-Jørgensen, but it might very well be something else. I'm not a big firearms expert either.
04-23-2015, 02:38 AM,
I'm just looking forward to the map. A 2d relief map looks like it will be better than a 3d map. It would really make a big difference in Squad Battles series as well. I hope there are works for those as well. Don't forget about ACW and might as well do the rest of the different series games out there too.
05-01-2015, 06:22 PM,
Hi All,

The Moscow '42 patch has been sent off to John Tiller for review.

If it passes muster, John will release it when he gets a break in his busy schedule.

Here is another series of shots that show the final embedded fortifications, minefields and obstacles.

At normal zoom - with units shown. A hex 'highlighter' is used to show there is a fortification under a stack of units. Hopefully minefields (and their size) as well as obstacles are obvious. There is no hex surround on these barrier fortifications;

[Image: M42%2018.png]

And with 'Special Markers on Top'. 'B' is Bunker, 'T' is Trench etc;

[Image: M42%2019.png]

Same shot at maximum zoom - Units on;

[Image: M42%2020.png]

And with 'Special Markers on Top';

[Image: M42%2021.png]

Maximum zoom out showing the representation at this larger scale;

[Image: M42%2022.png]

And with 'Special Markers on Top';

[Image: M42%2023.png]

All the graphics seen in this thread will end up in Kharkov'43. The main difference will be period appropriate winter uniforms for the Germans. Something sorely lacking in the prior winter...

David
05-01-2015, 08:43 PM,
Thanks, David. Looks great, but then I think all 3 titles you've worked on already looked great, to be honest.
05-01-2015, 09:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015, 09:34 PM by ComradeP.)
David, do the Soviets face maximum size restrictions for their armoured units in the patch for Moscow '42 winter campaigns? Just like the Germans can grow in size substantially, which can cause problems for the Germans as due to the 1 hex a turn movement for foot infantry they can be encircled fairly easily by tanks (just like the Soviets).

I made a list for myself a while ago, I believe these are the current totals that can be reached:

Soviet maximum Tank total:

KV-1: 180
T-34: 480.
BT-7: 384.
T-26: 448.
T-60: 360.
T-28: 44.
Valentine: 90.
Matilda: 30.
Mixed: 108.

Withdraw:

KV-1: 30.
T-34: 104.
BT-7: 160.
T-26. 64.
T-60: 60.

Total after withdraws:

KV-1: 150.
T-34: 376.
BT-7: 224.
T-26: 384.
T-60: 300.
T-28: 44.
Valentine: 90.
Matilda: 30.
Mixed: 110.

A test run featuring concentrated Soviet armour and artillery assets against 2nd Panzer Group was fairly close to a repeat of Bagration on a smaller scale.
05-02-2015, 01:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 01:31 AM by Strela.)
(05-01-2015, 08:43 PM)phoenix Wrote: Thanks, David. Looks great, but then I think all 3 titles you've worked on already looked great, to be honest.

Thanks Phoenix, you're becoming my biggest (only?!) fan!

I see you have bought Kharkov'43. Thank you. Please ensure you download the latest patch from John Tiller's website. Another patch with the graphics update should be available in the next couple of weeks all going well.

David