• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

S41 strange thing happening
07-22-2012, 02:49 AM,
Help  S41 strange thing happening
I am playing the campaign game against and email opponent. I notice that when I press end turn some of my units in the north appear to move of their own accord for a number of seconds. That i they go into transport mode and leave those movement arrows on screen as they move. Any ideas what is causing this?
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2012, 02:56 AM,
RE: S41 strange thing happening
Easy to find and fix. You managed to set some AI orders. If you go to the top menu selection for A/I, then View/Delete AI Orders, you can see it or them and delete them to stop this, as I can imagine it is really messing up your forces.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-22-2012, 02:58 AM,
It sounds like your units don't like it where you are moving them! Jester

Boy, I can't say I've ever heard of such an issue occurring before. Dont Know
07-22-2012, 04:11 AM,
Rick is correct, somehow you have set a portion of your forces to be moved by the AI, this is a time saving feature that some players use when they cannot be bothered to move large numbers of units manually.
07-22-2012, 04:52 AM,
Oh Dear! I do sometimes play my turns in the evening after work half asleep so I can imagine this happening. I hope not too much damage is done.

Thanks
07-24-2012, 01:26 AM,
Maybe you should start napping at work so you can be alert when you get home. :)
07-27-2012, 11:35 AM,
My advice: Never use the AI movement in a pbem, except maybe to move formations from waaaayyy in the back toward a waypoint close-ish to the front. That way, they'll use travel mode and follow roads.

Even then, I find that I almost never use it.
07-27-2012, 11:45 PM,
(07-27-2012, 11:35 AM)Liebchen Wrote: My advice: Never use the AI movement in a pbem, except maybe to move formations from waaaayyy in the back toward a waypoint close-ish to the front. That way, they'll use travel mode and follow roads.

Even then, I find that I almost never use it.

Agreed...I find it opens the door for multiple variations of FUBAR Wink