• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sending a file not associated with a program
05-26-2010, 01:39 AM,
c_Question Mark  Sending a file not associated with a program
I saved a map file and tried to send it to someone, but they couldn't open it because it was "not associated with a program"?

They were asked to create a program. How do you do that?

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2010, 03:15 AM,
RE: Sending a file not associated with a program
(05-26-2010, 01:39 AM)Montana Grizz Wrote: I saved a map file and tried to send it to someone, but they couldn't open it because it was "not associated with a program"?

They were asked to create a program. How do you do that?

Pat

Try zipping the file?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
05-26-2010, 05:21 AM,
This sounds like he just tried to double click the file? Instead of saving it to proper folder (East Front or West Front) and opening it wit the map editor? Or what was the intention?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-26-2010, 06:44 AM,
(05-26-2010, 05:21 AM)Cpl K. Kat Wrote: This sounds like he just tried to double click the file? Instead of saving it to proper folder (East Front or West Front) and opening it wit the map editor? Or what was the intention?

Yeah, that's what it sounds like to me, too. Although, if whoever you sent it to doesn't have the game, they won't be able to open the file at all. Just like if you send someone a powerpoint file (extension .ppt) and they don't have powerpoint they won't be able to open it. The computer will give them an option to open files with that extension with another program, which is basically the message he's getting, and assign that program to always open files with that extension.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-26-2010, 12:03 PM,
Pat...this could be finger trouble..if you right clicked rather than left clicked when selecting the file to attach, you will get the message you described
At ym age (86) I gte fngire truobel lal the tmie.
05-29-2010, 03:37 AM,
(05-26-2010, 12:03 PM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: Pat...this could be finger trouble..if you right clicked rather than left clicked when selecting the file to attach, you will get the message you described
At ym age (86) I gte fngire truobel lal the tmie.

PS if its the game file you can drag and drop into in the game folder.