• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First Panzer Battles Tournament
01-02-2015, 12:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 12:17 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
We're at turn 16. The likely result is a Soviet victory of some sort.
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 06:02 AM,
Anybody else close to being done Im curious to see how I stacked up to other German Players
01-07-2015, 02:05 AM,
We are at turn 18, it seems to be a soviet victory.
01-07-2015, 02:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2015, 02:53 AM by ComradeP.)
You killed a lot of guns Landser, I probably won't get a draw.

I alerted a battalion that would normally be Fixed (the reason why I don't like T activations for battalions: you move one unit one hex to the left and presto, an entire enemy battalion is released and can simply leave their positions as the defenders have no incentive to hold their positions for most of the line) and I alerted a tank brigade early by accident as well.

Those two events meant I cancelled my offensive into Pokrovka as mathematically speaking my chances of capturing the objectives were much lower than hoped for, also due to how the assault mechanic works (every unit needs to be disrupted before the defender leaves its hex, even if the only undisrupted unit is a small and weak unit) and my opponent breaking up gun units into smaller units to use that to full effect. Maybe it would've been possible to capture Pokrovka in the end, but I lost 3 artillery units to an excellent Soviet air recon roll followed by most of the guns on the map shelling the Nebelwerfers in T mode and when I released the tank brigade, my artillery was not yet in a position to support the advance.

All things considered, I'd say it's possible to attack Pokrovka. There were just some things that went wrong for me in terms of Soviet unit releases that limited my attack.

I still don't understand how the actual Pokrovka scenario can be seen as pro-German against a Soviet player who properly utilizes his armor, though.

My losses as of turn 24 are not too high, although they still mean LSSAH has lost about a regiment worth of troops, which is a lot when you consider that the other regiment historically wouldn't actually be in the scenario until the end as can be seen in Ozerovskii.

My losses as of Axis turn 24:

Soviet:

Men: 2437/256 VP's.
Guns: 106/143 VP's.
Vehicles: 23/31 VP's.

German:

Men: 1434/193 VP's.
Guns: 52/93 VP's.
Vehicles: 37/56 VP's.
Air: 3/19 VP's.

My opponent used artillery against vehicle units instead of infantry units on many turns, which limits infantry losses, but increases vehicle losses as with the way vehicle/gun/aircraft combat works more or less anything can knock them out no matter how high the defense value is.

There will be a full AAR of the game after the tournament round is over, where I'll describe in more detail what went wrong and where and why the scenario plays differently than before.
01-07-2015, 04:46 PM,
Soviet minor victory, in the end I was 30 points short of a draw.

I had to cancel my offensive into Pokrovka due to releasing too many units too early, and couldn't get a draw after losing numerous guns and aircraft.

Well played Gregor.
01-07-2015, 05:18 PM,
Looking forward to your AAR ComradeP. Sounds like you and Gregor had an epic fight.

Be sure to send me an image of the victory conditions screen at the end of your games this round. The Soviet players should probably do this as they move last.

Due to the holidays art year end, I am sure this round will take a little longer than the others. Hopefully we can srat getting it wrapped up soon though.

How close are other pairs to finishing this round?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-10-2015, 04:25 AM,
Along with the Holidays, OJW and I had some email issue's but are on track now at turn 10...
01-24-2015, 11:48 PM,
Anyone closing in on final turn:) Eager to get going on next scenario and see how the rest ended up in this. Seems like the Germans had a much harder game this time.

ComradeP and I have made an AAR from out game that we will publish after all have finished so we should have a good posibility to discuss the diferences in our games.
01-31-2015, 01:15 PM,
The remaining pairs checked in with me last weekend. All were doing well. I think we will see some more pairs finishes for this round this week.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
02-07-2015, 08:14 AM,
Solyom2 (axis) - 10-3 Squad Leader (soviet) ; axis minor defeat

How can I report the result?