• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Touch PzC for Android
09-21-2013, 11:28 PM,
RE: Touch PzC for Android
(09-21-2013, 11:05 PM)Ricky B Wrote: No idea why. But it seems fitting to me based on what seems to be the goal of simplified quick play. And I know there are players of normal PzC that feel this is more accurate - that may have played a roll.

As to all or one unit there aren't normally a lot of units stacked but the impression I have had is one unit. But it may simply be one gets half and the others the rest of the firepower and so no losses?

Rick

Take a look at the Panzer School 3 --Anti-Tank Defenses scenario. There, the Russians come at you in a stack of 4 units, 3 of which are tanks. Your 88s waste shots on the infantry and because you have no Target Selection dialog you can't do anything about it.

I doubt this is WAD.
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2013, 09:01 PM,
Touch i think is using alternate fire rules where the fire over an hex affect all units in the hex, this is a rule that i never like because doesnt punish big stacks (like in Nap titles por example when you use arty over them) and made defender weaker than attacker because specific units (like AT units) lose a lot his power VS specific targets.

But here i need say that even the big brother has problems to with selection of targnets when AI do it, is not hard see how AT units shoot infantry and ignore armored units and viceversa, infantry shooting tanks and ignoring infantry.
09-23-2013, 04:21 AM,
I asked JT about this to get an answer for you all, his answer is below:

"To facilitate play. The algorithm used for target selection is the same one used for Op Fire and the AI and so provides some intelligent target selection without having to manually select a target which would be an impediment to easy play."
09-23-2013, 05:15 AM,
Today the small update to 1.01 was deployed.

I am quite interested in those "Small changes and fixes" part of the changelog, if someone can advise?

If I may have two suggestions/questions for future updates:

1. When say 7+ units are on a single hex and the tablet is in landscape mode (with a resolution of 1024x768), the last unit is not fully visible in the left scroll-window (or whatever it is called). Seems there is some limit as to how many units can be scrolled through perhaps?

2. Is there anyhing like the way to view parent formations, as is in the PC version (I believe ALT+O)?
09-23-2013, 05:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 05:37 AM by von Schwarze.)
Joeyeti,

I tried to duplicate your problem, unfortunately I can't. I had 7 units stacked and all scrolled no problem. Have you made the unit box window small? If not you could try that, but I do not have your resolution on my tablets.

You can go to the higher organisation by long press on 3rd button from the right on the toolbar:

http://johntillersoftware.com/PanzerCamp...rface.html

A lot of info in the manual. Helmet Wink

Additionally, in the manual:

On the left or bottom side of the screen is the Hex Info Area. As you tap in a hex on the map containing units, the specific info about the units in that hex is displayed in this area. When there are more units in the Hot Spot hex than can be displayed in the available Unit Boxes, you can scroll the area left and right. The Hex Info Area also contains information about the terrain in that hex. Tapping on an individual unit picture will toggle selection of that unit.
09-27-2013, 09:59 PM,
Guys, from John Tiller,

Apple accepted the iPad version of PzC tonight and it is available in the App Store. This completes the release of the free version.
09-27-2013, 10:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 10:17 PM by Joeyeti.)
Thx von Schwarze!

Will try reducing the unit box window at home today evening.

And thx for the hint on the button! Must have overlooked it during my read-through :)

Congrats on the i-release too!

One more question - would future Touch versions (if they come out) be fully-fledged games, or would they be similar in their more limited scope (as the free version is compared to the PC versions)?
09-28-2013, 02:36 AM,
(09-27-2013, 09:59 PM)von Schwarze Wrote: Guys, from John Tiller,

Apple accepted the iPad version of PzC tonight and it is available in the App Store. This completes the release of the free version.

It's too bad there isn't an Apple version of the main game. I'd sure love to get my nephew into these games.
09-28-2013, 09:36 AM,
Just played around w/ this on my iPad.

Very good looking map.

Hope to see it adopted sooner rather than later in all JT PzC games.

Didn't really enjoy the game play.

The screen size had a lot to do w/ that.

But also found the PC-version on-screen toolbar to be a bit cumbersome.

It took away game map space and was a bit of an eyesore.

Think Squad Battles would work better on tablets - in part due to screen size and games scale.

Spud.
09-28-2013, 11:46 PM,
Joeyeti,

In general, the mobile version of the games will be a mini version. If someone wants more then there is always the PC version they can get. Another way of thinking about the mobile version is that it is a sampler of the full PC version.

This from John:

"One of our playtesters sums up what this game is all about, what he does is take his Nexus tablet to his daughter's soccer practice and plays a scenario or two during that. So I think design-wise, think of what someone would want to do in an hour or so of free time, at a practice, doctor's office, or music lesson. Vignette is another way of thinking about the scenarios. We then include some big long ones so that people have something they can really sink their teeth into if they want to."