• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gary Grigsby's War in the East
12-08-2010, 09:52 PM,
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East
Had WitP before WitP/AE so the transition was smooth, but with WitE I feel like a kid during my first day at school, will have to read the quick start manual as I'm totally lost.
The graphics are bright, clear and deceptive because this game is really really deep.

I found purchase and downloading of the game was the smoothest ever.
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2010, 10:03 PM,
Just did the tutorial - it's very well done and not as difficult as it first looks. Impressed with how they have used action points to stop players attacking everywhere along the front.

This is going to be a classic game - particularly for PBEM.

David
12-09-2010, 12:15 AM,
Looks like a fantastic game and certainly will be an east front classic.

And to top it off server based PBEM!
12-09-2010, 12:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2010, 12:31 AM by Nitram Draw.)
(12-09-2010, 12:15 AM)Bushido Wrote: Looks like a fantastic game and certainly will be an east front classic.

And to top it off server based PBEM!

Is server based PBEM like playing hotseat, you can start your turn as soon as your opponent is done theirs?
12-09-2010, 01:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2010, 01:20 AM by Bushido.)
Nitram Draw,

they use the Slitherine servers, the turns is going to the servers It makes the PBEM secure, no more replaying of turns and cheating.

It works as normal PBEM pace, it is not as hotseat.

I see this as future for PBEM.
I had loved to see this in use for the JT games that had been great.
12-09-2010, 02:12 AM,
do you have to do your whole pbem turn in one sitting or can you save it, say when you are half done?

I got the game-its huge-almost too big-and looks like a ton to learn, esp if you want to use your forces to the max...learning curve looks GiNormus
12-09-2010, 05:37 AM,
You guys that have gotten this game...please post back here and let us know how you like it. Some screenshots showing different features would be great as well.
12-09-2010, 05:53 AM,
There is a forum over at Matrix Games just for this game. Here is the web address for the AAR sub forum: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=910

The testers for this game have been doing AAR's for this game for months. The AAR's have screen shots which are great. The final game may be a little different from what is in these AAR's as they are from the beta testing. They should give a good example of how the game looks and plays.

The game looks awesome and while it has a steep learning curve it should be enjoyable for years.
12-09-2010, 07:56 AM,
Yeah, I've been reading them. They are actually quite good and give a good flavor of the game. I was looking for more screenshots of different parts or features of the game than what I find in the AARs. For example, if you want to determine and take a look at a unit in order to find out it's TO&E...how do you do that and how does it look?
12-09-2010, 11:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2010, 11:32 AM by jomni.)
PBEM can virtually be played at Hotseat pace if both or you are in the same time zone and reply consecutively. It takes away the extra step of downloading from email message and transfering to your game folder.
Send this user an email