• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gary Grigsby's War in the East
12-07-2010, 03:39 AM,
Gary Grigsby's War in the East
According to Erik from Matrix the game is due to be released sometime this week. They are hoping to do it on Tuesday PM EST, which is tomorrow. but it could be later depending on any last minute problems. No price has been announced.
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2010, 05:55 AM,
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East
Kharkov'43 + War in the East = my Christmas.
12-07-2010, 07:55 AM,
I will get it thou I dont see any ladders that are current with a heart beat over there-maybe Im looking in the wrong place. Ladders and good support are what keep me here
12-07-2010, 08:58 AM,
(12-07-2010, 07:55 AM)raizer Wrote: I will get it thou I dont see any ladders that are current with a heart beat over there-maybe Im looking in the wrong place. Ladders and good support are what keep me here

Check out the forums - it's all there.
12-08-2010, 02:26 PM,
Grigsby's War in the East has been released. Pretty hefty price tag too. Still, reading the AARs...it looks pretty good. I guess I'll wait and see.
12-08-2010, 02:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010, 04:50 PM by Volcano Man.)
I was wondering about that... $80-$90? Isn't this essentially the same game from SSI in the early 90s with spruced up graphics and some improvements?

You gotta love that about Matrix Games, they know how to repackage something with a face lift and make it seem like it is some complex program for Space Shuttle reentry calculations, justifying ~$100 price tag. ;)
Send this user an email
12-08-2010, 02:44 PM,
(12-08-2010, 02:26 PM)enigma6584 Wrote: Grigsby's War in the East has been released. Pretty hefty price tag too. Still, reading the AARs...it looks pretty good. I guess I'll wait and see.

Same price I paid for the DOS game. I wonder if the PZKWIIIH is still the Queen of Battle. I know I know. WTF? With the production system
in the old DOS version, the PZKWIIH was the best bang for your buck. I never built anything larger than this. cheers
12-08-2010, 05:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010, 07:09 PM by -72-.)
(12-08-2010, 02:42 PM)Volcano Man Wrote: I was wondering about that... $80-$90? Isn't this essentially the same game from SSI in the early 90s with spruced up graphics and some improvements?

You gotta love that about Matrix Games, they know how to repackage something with a face lift and make it seem like it is some complex program for Space Shuttle reentry calculations, justifying ~$100 price tag. ;)

I think you might be a little too generous with the dates, as I know I've played the same games on C64 that were programmed to use DOS. I've played DOS games that were later converted to Windows, -always with a graphic enhancement. The combat resolution style in WitP was exactly the same as Pacific War, and the same as earlier titles developed for the C64. And that was SDB 500 lb Bmb Hit ***** (now that was a good shot ;) ).

That designer has a track record or literally repackaging the same product.

Ok -always an interesting exercise with international commerce this - especially with this particular publisher...

All right ... $79.99 US ... which according to XE.com converts to (today 7th Dec 2010) -to $81.6634 Australian. This link will probably convert it to the date being looked at though.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount...USD&To=AUD

And what is the merchant here charging in Australian dollars?

A$ 86.00 ... (to be fair -it has been a lot worse at other times... but I as an Australian consumer am not into paying more than the exchange rate).

Why can't these guys just charge one amount and let the currency conversions take care of themselves? It doesn't seem to ever be in the consumer's favor.
Bydand
Send this user an email
12-08-2010, 06:38 PM,
It is not the old SII DOS game. Everything is completely reworked. Even the WEGO system where you plot the movemement was changed to IGOUGO. UI is more slick.

Buy all HPS East Front campaigns (which WITE cover) and you will spend about $350. So WITE is a steal.
Send this user an email
12-08-2010, 07:19 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East
Just down loaded the game and had a short look . Lots to take in and to understand but the game looks and feels good , the navigation around all the infor screens is smooth ,so a thumbs up from me