• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ATGM Ambush..video and question
10-30-2007, 01:12 AM,
RE: ATGM Ambush..video and question
HirooOnoda Wrote:Thanks guys, I think I'll pass on this game, unless it comes down to $9.99 or something.

I don't believe in rewarding poor programming. Or is it criminal programming?

I don't think BF is malicious in their intent, and really was striving to innovate. But the resources they have are limited and they bit off more than they could chew. They were looking for realism, and in that effort they made it unplayable.

Outside of the non-cerebral fanboy elements, and the people symbiotically tied to BF through playtesting etc, this game has gone over like a lead balloon. It leads me to suspect that one of the only real attributes of the game is that you can use current military equipment, and thus has an allure to those who are involved or attached to it in some way.

Posting this on the battlefront forums would evoke a surge of "destroy the unpatriotic" attacks based on the almost as senseless rhetoric of a certain government that exists in North America, not to name any names.

It is unfortunate that BF has been reduced, as the CM games were truly marvelous breakthoughs.

Cheers!

Leto
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2007, 04:09 AM,
I think that 99.9% of CM gamers would have been much happier with an updated version of CM1, better graphics, a few more fancy do dads here and there and everyone would have been happy. BF would have another top selling product, but no they had to "break the mould" and launch something that many people said beforehand they didn't really want, it's been a bitter leason for them I think and I just hoped they have learned from their mistakes :soap:
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
10-30-2007, 01:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2007, 09:48 PM by RedDevil.)
falc Wrote:
RedMike Wrote:Even with bugs, Shock Force kicks combat mission ass!

It gets better with each patch too. My advice, screw these guys and try it out for yourself.

RedMike...out

Hi Hiroo....unfortunately the antipathy felt by the majority of posters towards CMSF and Battlefront in general not only on this forum but others too, has generated an almost equally rabid reaction from the BF fan-boys club, of which the above poster is obviously a fully paid up member.

My honest advice to you would be to download the demo and see what u think. My personal opinion of SF is that its a bug-ridden, 24 karat turkey which wouldnt have even made a blip on the radar screen if Battlefront hadnt been famously responsible for the original CM series. But by all means dont let what is only a personal opinion of mine cloud yer judgement.....the proof of the pudding is in the eating after all!

- falco.

I was waiting for that...edited for language

I'm nobodies fanboy.

out
10-30-2007, 01:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2007, 09:48 PM by RedDevil.)
RedMike Wrote:
falc Wrote:
RedMike Wrote:Even with bugs, Shock Force kicks combat mission ass!

It gets better with each patch too. My advice, screw these guys and try it out for yourself.

RedMike...out

Hi Hiroo....unfortunately the antipathy felt by the majority of posters towards CMSF and Battlefront in general not only on this forum but others too, has generated an almost equally rabid reaction from the BF fan-boys club, of which the above poster is obviously a fully paid up member.

My honest advice to you would be to download the demo and see what u think. My personal opinion of SF is that its a bug-ridden, 24 karat turkey which wouldnt have even made a blip on the radar screen if Battlefront hadnt been famously responsible for the original CM series. But by all means dont let what is only a personal opinion of mine cloud yer judgement.....the proof of the pudding is in the eating after all!

- falco.

I was waiting for that...edited for language!!

I'm nobodies fanboy.

out

Fangirl then?

; )

Just kidding..

Cheers!

Leto
10-30-2007, 09:53 PM,
Redmike, since you won't allow PMs I'll post here. Please refrain from using the language of that nature on these forums again. If you can't find a better choice of worlds more suitable, then don't post.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-31-2007, 04:19 AM,
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
Posting this on the battlefront forums would evoke a surge of "destroy the unpatriotic" attacks based on the almost as senseless rhetoric of a certain government that exists in North America, not to name any names.

Cheers!

Leto

Are those damned Canucks mouthing off again?:P
10-31-2007, 06:21 AM,
:smoke:
10-31-2007, 07:49 AM,
Do we have our first bit of controversy on this forum ?? it needed living up anyway ;)
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
10-31-2007, 12:05 PM,
Controversy needs interested people, something in short supply regarding Shock Force. The silence that’s fallen on it is probably the most damning indictment of the product. Nobody’s interested.
10-31-2007, 02:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2007, 12:01 PM by von Nev.)
Well said Sgt Barker. I remember when CMBB and CMAK were launched the BFC boards were crazy with posts for months and years afterwards. Now, Shock Force has a couple of posts daily maybe 15 to 20 and it is dwindling. Its sad really . . .