• Downloads

First Panzer Battles Tournament
04-12-2015, 08:48 PM,
RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
We're at turn 20 now.
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2015, 03:02 PM,
A close major victory, by 12 points. I only captured two 50 point objectives north of the AT ditch, but points from losses were enough in the end.

Vehicle losses from artillery were surprisingly high, I think about half of them (about 15) were caused by artillery and only one of those losses was on a really weak unit, an armoured car. The rest were genuine ~10 defence value tanks.
04-24-2015, 02:58 PM,
Round Four #0706_05 Pokrovka - Man vs. Tank

[Image: Pokrovka.JPG]

Round three is over! What a struggle. The fighting was intense from the reports I have heard.
beerweasel and Kuriltai are the leaders of the Axis and Soviet sides here at the halfway point. While both of these members have broken out from the pack, there are still enough tournament points left in the second half for someone to take their places.

Visit the tournament page to see the round results and tournament standings at the end of round three. The match ups for round four are posted there also.

It is still a tight tournament for many members.

Just a reminder....
All games are to be played with the first patch installed (v1.01). Default optional rules.

Pokrovka is a tough, dirty fight where good management of your forces on either side will carry the day. A real Kursk slugfest this little battle is, with good chances for wither side to win. At only fifteen turns, both sides cannot afford to make mistakes.

Please report in on this thread when you have engaged your opponent. Best of luck to all!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
04-24-2015, 04:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 04:32 PM by ComradeP.)
It's good that we can see the points now. With only 1 big scenario remaining, I'm still wondering how likely it is that any of us can catch up with beerweasel, but we'll see.

To get it off my chest, I do have to say that I'm wondering why beerweasel's result wasn't - and still isn't officially reported on the ladder, and why the result wasn't mentioned by you, Dog Soldier, when people asked how that particular game was going.

The game was seemingly completed some time ago, but although the rest of us reported our games upon completion, that game wasn't reported and it still isn't on the ladder as everyone can see.

I would be much obliged if the result would be reported when it's actually achieved from now on, as this is a tournament where you're competing against others who would like to know how you're doing, as they might take some additional risks when you're the man to beat.

Having said that, good luck with round 4 everyone and have fun!
04-25-2015, 07:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2015, 07:57 AM by Landser34.)
I dont think anybody has a chance to pass Beer Weasel as German seeing he has almost an 800 point lead.
04-25-2015, 11:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2015, 12:02 PM by Dog Soldier.)
ComradeP, you have a tempest in a teacup. Beerweasel sent the result to me by email. He sent me the entire game turn with his password long ago when they finished their game.

The result was not mentioned by me? Really? Did you not read the post that I wrote with the results on the competitions page? Check there again to see I clearly state beerweasel's result.

Maybe it was the blinder grenades!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDbFdngVOJk

As to posting the result here at the blitz, I am sure wither he or his opponent will get a round to it. Either of the two can do it.

Dog Soldier

(04-24-2015, 04:31 PM)ComradeP Wrote: It's good that we can see the points now. With only 1 big scenario remaining, I'm still wondering how likely it is that any of us can catch up with beerweasel, but we'll see.

To get it off my chest, I do have to say that I'm wondering why beerweasel's result wasn't - and still isn't officially reported on the ladder, and why the result wasn't mentioned by you, Dog Soldier, when people asked how that particular game was going.

The game was seemingly completed some time ago, but although the rest of us reported our games upon completion, that game wasn't reported and it still isn't on the ladder as everyone can see.

I would be much obliged if the result would be reported when it's actually achieved from now on, as this is a tournament where you're competing against others who would like to know how you're doing, as they might take some additional risks when you're the man to beat.

Having said that, good luck with round 4 everyone and have fun!
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
04-25-2015, 01:32 PM,
OJW and I have started.
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-25-2015, 02:56 PM,
Quote:ComradeP, you have a tempest in a teacup. Beerweasel sent the result to me by email. He sent me the entire game turn with his password long ago when they finished their game.

The result was not mentioned by me? Really? Did you not read the post that I wrote with the results on the competitions page? Check there again to see I clearly state beerweasel's result.

Gregor and I both asked you about the result by e-mail, it was known to you but you didn't mention it. That seemed odd and that's what I was talking about.

I don't really care if I don't win the tournament, it was pretty obvious that chance was high after losing Yakovlevo as there are only 3 big scenarios in the tournament. What I do care about is a result not being reported, when everybody else does so.

Look at it from the perspective of a participant prior to you updating the tournament page: someone is ahead of you by a certain number of points, you don't know how many as that isn't specified.

You would like to know how his recent game went as that will by and large determine your chance of catching up to him. The result isn't mentioned on this thread, so he asks you about it. There's no answer, which implies it's still ongoing. There's no logical reason for not mentioning a result when it's in.

When the tournament page is updated, it turns out the game was completed some time ago. The result wasn't officially reported, nor mentioned by the organizer of the tournament and you're left to wonder why, as everybody else reports his game upon completion.
04-25-2015, 03:22 PM,
Landser and I have completed turn 1... LOL
04-26-2015, 04:44 AM,
My 2 Cents  RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
Sorry for the delay in my reporting of the game. It was a week late. If y'all think you can do a better job than Dog Soldier, then step up to the plate and start a Tournament yourself. To even consider the integrity of Dog Soldier is unfounded. My commitment to the tourney is quite apparent as I have made it through Round 3.
Time to brew up some more Russki Armor. You want to volunteer? Send me a scenario.
Cheers,
Tom aka Beerweasel, aka Panzerbrew