• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on making CMBN look better
09-12-2020, 01:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 01:31 AM by Westland.)
RE: Question on making CMBN look better
@raz_atoth

Yes,the recently ended game against kghammer.The whole thing was a mirror match over 30 minutes.The first game ended correctly after 30 minutes, the second not, the timer turns red at 00:00 and the minutes continue.The data is still available. The game was CMFB v.2.03.

Sure the game has its limits, but why did it work in CMx1?I mean, why was something realistic changed into unrealistic? It worked very well in CMx1 with pushing vehicles away.
The jeeps or trucks don't run away when they come into contact with the enemy. I've already tested it.If roads or paths are available, jeeps and trucks can be brought quickly to the desired positions.Once there, let the crew get out and run away. They can also be shot at. It doesn't matter. The main thing is that the jeeps / trucks no longer have a driver.Thus these vehicles stand as a blockade against tanks.
I quickly sealed off all entrances to a village or town. The enemy can only infiltrate the town with infantry, while my tanks can shoot at all buildings without risk.As a flexible anti-tank barrier,so to speak.

I'm guessing there is a restriction in the game engine.

I understand already.But the line is light blue,so the commander and gunner can see the target.Nevertheless, sometimes there is no shooting.If there is a gray line, at least one machine gun will fire.
Yes, I also noticed the bug uncomfortably, that tanks refuse to shoot into houses.I recently had a game with a Sturmpanzer IV "Brummbär".He was standing 64 meters in front of a house and refused to shoot, although the light blue line indicated the roof and the 2nd floor.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question on making CMBN look better - by Weasel - 09-01-2020, 09:54 AM
RE: Question on making CMBN look better - by Westland - 09-12-2020, 01:26 AM