• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do you believe the PLA Human Wave feature too strong?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, get rid of it
9.09%
1 9.09%
No, feel it works ok
0%
0 0%
Leave it in, make it an option in description.
90.91%
10 90.91%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Korean War- Human Wave too strong?
09-30-2012, 01:16 AM,
RE: Korean War- Human Wave too strong?
(09-30-2012, 12:48 AM)David Galster Wrote: If Banzai assaults are acceptable in Rising Sun, shouldn't Human Wave attacks be as well, assuming the the design is the same?

David: Smoke7

I would state that Banzai assaults are built into Rising Sun, but IMO these "tactics" are not "acceptable" both in the way Banzai is implemented or historical. Fiery

Historically, Banzai assaults were suicidal, last ditch charges by trapped and cut off Japanese troops... in which most of the charging Japanese were killed... and not a calculated "tactic" that commanders could initiate on the battlefield as a repeatable strategy. That the game engine allows the same Japanese troops to initiate Banzai multiple times during an engagement... is fantasy.

As a designer, I don't allow Banzai to be used in my scenarios. I also don't play RS scenarios using Banzai either.

IMO, keep the Human Wave in the Korean Mod. Players and designers have the option to either allow it or not? Idea2
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Korean War- Human Wave too strong? - by Warhorse - 09-26-2012, 06:37 AM
RE: Korean War- Human Wave too strong? - by Kool Kat - 09-30-2012, 01:16 AM
RE: Korean War- Human Wave too strong? - by Scud - 10-03-2012, 02:54 AM