• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thunder In The North Mirror Tournament (CLOSED)
06-10-2012, 08:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2013, 06:38 PM by Crossroads.)
Smile  Thunder In The North Mirror Tournament (CLOSED)
[Image: lwm-medals.jpg]

As of now we've got five participants. Once we are six I believe we can begin. During the first round we can always accomodate for anyone wanting to get in as long as they can be put to pairs.

Tournament rules

I am new to mirror tournaments, but I suggest each mirrored game we report (i) friendly losses (ii) enemy losses (iii) objective points held (iv) total points as reported by the game at the end of it. Then we can determine the result for a round when comparing how the particular player ended the round as (i) Axis and as (ii) Allied.

Example:
- Across Vuoksi as Axis (i) 412 pts (ii) 622 pts (iii) 750 pts (iv) 950 pts Minor Loss
- Across Vuoksi as Allied (i) 520 pts (ii) 725 pts (iii) 1250 pts (iv) 1450 pts Minor Win
- Points for the round: 1450 + 950 = 2400 points

As we are testing the scenarios as we play, we can of course decide whether the results should be modified somehow. On the other hand, everyone gets to play from *both* sides, so the results do even up.

Both games per round (as Axis and as Allied) should commence concurrently.

Not sure we need any ROEs (practically no half tracks involved Helmet Wink ), but we can agree on them for sure.

Special awards for AARs!

Participants

Ashcloud (1876)
Battle Kat (2043)
Otto von Blotto (2138)
RD_DeathDealer (2069)
Warhorse (1929)
Huib Versloot (2083)
Wolfman (1773)

With six participants, we will have five rounds.

For the first round, I thought we'd stand in a manne where the highest ELO competes vs the lowest, second highest vs second lowest etc. so we get to see how the scenario results vary...

The second round will have the highest ELO starting with the second lowest, and everyone rotates accordingly.

I am open to ideas and suggestions though.

First game: ** Across River Vuoksi LWM

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=60814

Current candidate to begin the hostilities is version "LWM 1.1 a4".
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Thunder In The North Mirror Tournament (CLOSED) - by Crossroads - 06-10-2012, 08:37 PM