• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Will the Bicyclists ever be downgraded in F40?
03-29-2007, 06:35 PM,
RE: Will the Bicyclists ever be downgraded in F40?
There is a book about this topic but I don't have it. I founded this:

ROMMEL AND GUDERIAN AGAINST THE BELGIAN CHASSEURS ARDENNAIS: THE COMBATS AT CHARBREHEZ AND BODANGE 10 MAY 1940
Georges Hautecler, S,O,

This is a translation of a post-WWII Belgian staff study on the heroic stand of the Belgian bicycle troops in the Ardennes as they faced the armored might of Rommel and Guderian. Read how a single Belgian company stopped Rommel's advance cold for six hours. Contains orders of battle and a few photos.

If anybody has this book, please post some data.

Also I would note:
- Assault values of infantry compared against armor don't matter since alt assault rule is used.
- As I can see, standard Belgian company was armed similar to standard German company. Some German troops have lower soft attack/assault values since they had no mortars at the time (reserve troops). Belgians had less AT rifles/guns but this doesn't count in soft attack.
- I don't know if Belgian bicycle companies had mortars/heavy weapons, but German scout units on bicycles had them so can you provide some reference stating that they had no mortars/HMGs etc.

milicko
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will the Bicyclists ever be downgraded in F40? - by milan - 03-29-2007, 06:35 PM