• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

K'Talan mod - a few observations
10-15-2012, 09:42 AM,
My 2 Cents  K'Talan mod - a few observations
Hey warhorse - I'm really enjoying your K'talan mod - it's refreshingly difficult and puts a whole new spin on the CS. Kinda reminds me of the movie "V"

I also like how all the scenarios are bundled into the main download file - just dl and play!

I wanted to point out a few things though that might make it a little better (here I go again, nit-picking). Big Grin

In 2d mode, the K'talan units have that dark cammo on them (the icon itself) that makes it really hard to see what type of vehicle (or anything really), that the unit is. If the cammo for the 2d icons were lightened, they should be easily readable. The 3d icons look excellent though - no change needed there. Awesome

When pressing F2, I notice that units do not have a point value listed - is that intentional? Imagine my surprise when I lost 2 K'talan carriers for THIRTY POINTS each! It's just kinda hard to plan attacks when you can't gauge risk properly (because you don't know the value of your own units). Or is it listed somewhere but I'm just not seeing it? Dont Know

I do like the little picture icon that replaces the terrain description in the F2 window - it's a little hard to make out the tiny pictures, but it is new and kinda modern-looking. :looks good:

Anyway, still learning the game and enjoying it. Thanks for all your work on this! Thumbs Up
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
K'Talan mod - a few observations - by John Given - 10-15-2012, 09:42 AM