• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2 new scenarios for RV and MW + 'Nam OOB
06-15-2011, 05:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2011, 06:03 PM by Wolfgang.)
RE: 2 new scenarios for RV and MW + 'Nam OOB
I've added more names to the OOB (they now include all officers in 1/9 who served through Operation Buffalo's end. Some companies you'll note went through several commanders during the op).

I've also annotated the OOB so that certain units show what decoration they received for this operation in-game.

-nc- = recommended for navy cross
[nc] = received navy cross
[ss] silver star
[sb] bronze star

(I think if something is removed from the OOB that is placed in the scenario then the scenario errors out when you try to load it.)

One thing I can't suss out though is how to assign S-1 though S-4 Officers into the OOB. I wonder if they were a part of the 1/9's H&S Company?

Also: if the S-2 and S-3 are in H&S Co., would that mean to imply that recon units also fall under the H&S Co. chain of command? In my research I have yet to see a 'Recon BLT' listed as such in the 1/9's org charts ive come across...

And finally - on Hill 70 on 1/9s right flank, was about a company's worth of NVA all wearing US flak jackets and helmets (after the battle they found a ditch with like 150 KIAs, all of them wearing us gear). Would be really cool if I could get the units to somehow reflect this fact in the scenario.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 new scenarios for RV and MW + 'Nam OOB - by Wolfgang - 06-15-2011, 05:53 PM