• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Official World in Flames Tournament Thread
11-02-2010, 03:23 AM,
RE: Hostilities Imminent! (Still Recruiting) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude
Everything can be flexible as we go. Maybe teams don't have to be even. Say one CinC decides a scenario is to be a two man team, the other may decide it to be a three man team or a scenario could end up as 2vs1. I don't think it will matter either way as for the most part people are playing more for the team rather than the individual and more than anything else........for fun. Others can come along and join later as their are plenty of scenarios to play.

I'm also thinking maybe the rules can be flexible as well. Von Earlman stated the way he will play, surely he is not the only one that will play that way. So, by being flexible, we may have a chance to have more involved.

Another idea could be that this is fought by campaigns. Example is we start with the Polish Campaign. Let's just say there are 5 scenarios for that and the allies have 7 commanders and the axis have 9 commanders. CinC would assign cdrs to scenarios and the larger scenarios could be the teams or he may want one guy for a larger scenario while assigning two as a team for a smaller scenario. However they think would be the best assignments to do the campaign. After that, it could then be decided to do the campaign for France and the Low Countries. Maybe there are 7 scenarios. That would leave the allies with no choice but to assign one cdr per scenario and the axis might have one three man team and 6 solo assignments or two 2 man teams and 5 solo assignments. And just decide how the campaigns would be split. EF itself might have to be split by year. 1941 to start, if there are way more scenarios than cdrs, say 12 scenarios for 1941 EF. Split by 6 into a phase one and phase two. Do the first phase, then the second phase. No phase would be started until the one is completed as CinCs may want to try set different pairings on teammates. I might be part of a team in phase one with Joe, but second phase CinC might want Joe to go solo and pairs me with Jim in the second phase. Whatever they decide. Something to think about.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hostilities Imminent! (Still Recruiting) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 11-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Axis Major Victory - by Ashcloud - 01-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Looking for a 1939 game - by Ashcloud - 02-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Available for Axis side - by Ashcloud - 05-30-2011, 05:00 PM
RE: Available for Axis side - by Crossroads - 05-30-2011, 07:59 PM
RE: Available for Axis side - by Ashcloud - 05-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Majog Vs Borisforas completed - by majog - 04-16-2013, 06:53 AM