• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The fantasy - if Battlefront returned to CM...
10-24-2008, 07:17 AM,
RE: The fantasy - if Battlefront returned to CM...
I was really let down over TOW, more them really let down, actually, I was so angry about it I took the game and used it for skeet shooting. I can say one thing about BF though, really cool with password/account recovery, although, I hate the security for TOW...Man, did that tick me off.

-On a side note to TOW pissing me off, CMSF pisses me off.

So let it be known, they sunk two ships w/ me I am awaiting Hist War, and CMC...Let there be light...yes!
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2008, 09:36 AM,
Bootie Wrote:I havent seen it happen in over 800 games. So until I see it I still doubt it.

I've no idea how many games of CM I've played but it's in the high hundreds. I never had an occasion where I thought I needed to keep a count of the games of CM I've played. But I've worked on over 200 of my own scenarios and playtested for dozens of designers so......

I've seen it happen twice.

Thinking back on it I'm not too sure that both of them weren't TCP games. I know the last one was since that was in about April or May. The other time was well over a year ago and I don't remember all the specifics about it. The one I do remember something about was one of my scenarios.

Good Hunting.

MR
10-25-2008, 08:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2008, 08:52 AM by Michael Dorosh.)
(FGM)Phil Davies Wrote:I take it from the lack of response from my earlier post that nobody has bought it. BF though claim that the sales for the Marines have greatly exceeded their expectations and yet there is just tumbleweed here. In fact if you were new to the Blitz you wouldn't even know the game existed .. lol

With respect, though, BFC's claim is meaningless once one stops to examine it. If their own expectations were low to begin with, it doesn't matter if they exceeded them. Especially if they never publicly discussed beforehand what those expectations were.

If it turned out that they posted on their forum somewhere that they had high hopes for MARINES, i.e. gave a specific figure "I bet we sell 25,000 units" then it means they actually sold 75,000 in the first three days. That would be impressive.

The quote I think I recall seeing (from beta testers IIRC) is that BFC sold more units of MARINES in the first three days than they "expected" to sell in the life of the game.

Ok, that's great. But where did they announce their predicted lifetime sales? Without any actual figures, what does that mean?

If Steve phoned up Charles a week before release in a funk and said "Oh, man, I bet we don't even sell 300 of these things" and then they sell 900 in the first 3 days - ok, you've exceeded your expectations, but if they were low to begin with is it really something to crow about? It is if you don't release the actual figures, and people eager to rehabilitate Shock Force's reputation pick it up and run with it.

MARINES is the public beta test for CM: NORMANDY. That's where their money is going to be made. They've all but said it. The new Quick Battle system, with pick and choose forces and map tiles - is supposedly coming out in Normandy. Water - that stuff that Marines go into battle on? Ever figure out why it's not in the Shock Force module? Hint: It's coming out in Normandy. Rain? Also in Normandy. Engineering stuff? Normandy. Hand to hand combat? No word on that. Surrenders? No word either. Hope so.

Lots riding on CM: NORMANDY and there will be a lot of interest in it.