• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The fantasy - if Battlefront returned to CM...
10-23-2008, 01:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2008, 01:06 AM by Der Kuenstler.)
The fantasy - if Battlefront returned to CM...
It wouldn't take much to please me...

- Add horses and motorcycles

- Adjust variable endings so they can also end earlier instead of always later than specified turns.

- Tweak a few units

- Make it look like this:

[Image: 1853.jpg]

(screenshot From TOW II)

- And I'll gladly shell out my money...

[Image: 71014_MoneyHappiness_vl-vertical.jpg]

How about you guys?
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2008, 01:37 AM,
RE: The fantasy - if Battlefront returned to CM...
I guess it might be tied to how well BF CMC does - if it does well then they might expand it and it "becomees the new CM" sort of.

Things I'd like to see: motorcycles, horses, DUKWs, on board 120mm mortars, camouflage and dug in bonus if unit static long enough, recognition that German use of 76.2mm captured russian guns were rechambered for German 75mm on SPs and ATGs, updated graphics and effects would be terrific, dropping paratroops and gliders, waterborne assault craft, wire that can be breached and roadblocks that can be reduced,

For operations/campaigns - bulldozers, tank transporters, fuel tankers, ambulances, tents, aid stations, regeneration of wounded and replacements in operations as well as maintenance to fix damaged guns and immobile vehicles, portrayal of lack of fuel and/or lack of maintenance/spare parts effects.
10-23-2008, 02:30 AM,
If it looked like the picture, and had the same or better combat model, was WEGO, was friendly PBEM and friendly TCIP both as WEGO, I would pay through the nose to get the game.
10-23-2008, 06:19 AM,
I agree but sadly it ain't going to happen. The new Marines "module" is being talked up over at BF but nobody has breathed a word about it here for better or worse. Has anybody here bought the new Marines and playes here at the Blitz ?
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
10-23-2008, 09:46 AM,
Der Kuenstler Wrote:It wouldn't take much to please me...

- Adjust variable endings so they can also end earlier instead of always later than specified turns.

Ask and yee shall receive.....variable endings in CMx1 are not limited to only going over. The games can already end early. It doesn't happen often but I've seen it happen before.

The rest of your wish list is pure fantasy.

Good Hunting.

MR
10-23-2008, 12:15 PM,
Mad Russian Wrote:The games can already end early. It doesn't happen often but I've seen it happen before.

Hmmmf...go figure - I've never seen it happen in 350 games...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-23-2008, 01:37 PM,
I havent seen it happen in over 800 games. So until I see it I still doubt it.
10-23-2008, 10:46 PM,
Maybe he's thinking of auto-surrender...if your troops drop below a certain morale level the game will end early.
10-24-2008, 12:42 AM,
I enjoy very big battles. Several of my '5000 - point' games on the ladder are actually 7500-point games. I would be perfectly willing to forego the improved graphics if having them reduced the maximum possible size of a QB.
Would love to see DUKWs and LVTs. Not sure that airborne drops are worth the effort; actions in which paratroops landed within rifle range of the defenders were rare and generally disastrous for the paras, and simulation of most of the ones that were successful would require some 'defenders-asleep-or-CO-in-town-with-his-girlfriend' switch to make them work. No fun for human opponents. I would love to see some unit reorganization, with battalions never including off-map mortars, and some quite common units that are not now available appearing, such as US towed 3in AT batteries (11 battalions in ETO on 4 June 1944, along with the 19 battalions of M10), or the American 155mm M12; while it seems likely that the Hummel was at some point used as an assault gun, the accounts of the M12 being so employed are (in)famous.
10-24-2008, 02:26 AM,
I take it from the lack of response from my earlier post that nobody has bought it. BF though claim that the sales for the Marines have greatly exceeded their expectations and yet there is just tumbleweed here. In fact if you were new to the Blitz you wouldn't even know the game existed .. lol
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh