• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiger-buying limits?
10-01-2008, 08:31 AM,
RE: Tiger-buying limits?
I wish the game itself had an internal switch that would stop the Germans from buying Tigers after his total losses of that type exceeded the total real-world production. Big Grin

:whis:
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2008, 08:44 AM,
Extraordinarius Wrote:I wish the game itself had an internal switch that would stop the Germans from buying Tigers after his total losses of that type exceeded the total real-world production. Big Grin
:whis:

LoL - well one way to guard against tigers is to choose a map that is unfavorable to them. Once I had someone buy 4 Kingtigers against me, but they were soon all destroyed by my more nimble T34/85s because we were fighting on a city map.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-01-2008, 09:09 AM,
Der Kuenstler Wrote:well one way to guard against tigers is to choose a map that is unfavorable to them. Once I had someone buy 4 Kingtigers against me, but they were soon all destroyed by my more nimble T34/85s because we were fighting on a city map.

A related solution that I favor is really huge pre-made maps, bigger than those randomly generated by the game (as well as generally more realistic, which is not relevant here). Lots of Tiger-weenies just park their über-panzer in an advantageous position and fight it out from there. Especially late in the war when the M-18 Hellcat appears, the Germans tend to underestimate the way Allied units can cover ground, and flank shots from a US 76mm or Sov 85 will kill even King Tigers at over 1000 m.

[Image: TigerHunt.jpg]
10-01-2008, 09:35 AM,
And of course our friends Mr. PIAT and Mr. Zook can sometimes hurt Tigs as this lucky shot proves..

[Image: CM-PIAT1.jpg]
10-01-2008, 10:31 PM,
I suppose that if an opponent just must have Tigers and such in a year that gives them a significant advantage then either the terrain or a point bonus should be negotiated to compensate. I do like the challenge and hearing the squawking if I am able to destroy the uber tanks: maneuver to flank/rear; Tigers get to close to molotov and grenade throwing infantry; key hole shots with close ATGs; heavy artillery; air, etc