• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Bolt out of the Blue 4.4 - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tiller Operational Campaigns (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4 (/showthread.php?tid=52199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4 - James Ward - 09-11-2009

Ostland [SPR Wrote:]
James Ward Wrote:Great mod.
I do have one complaint. Some of the units have the national symbol on the right side of the unit information block and they have white or a light color in the symbol. When you right click to see the unit stats you cannot make out the hard attack values, Czech and East German mostly. For those of us who cannot memorize the values this is a pain. Perhaps the nationality indicator could be moved to the left side of all the units?

Put a background from another Mod.

For example here http://www.volcanomods.com/

I have the Volcano mod but since Bolt has some new unit types I didn't know if they would be lost if I installed a mod after installing the scenario. Will volcano over-write the existing units folder or just over write duplicate units?

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4 - James Ward - 09-11-2009

Hadge Wrote:James

I tried to send you a 'mail this evening, with some attachments, to help with the probs you were having: it appears the "mailer daemon" is in the way, as you have changed your address - which is a shame.

Get in touch if you still want some help

regards

Chris

That's odd, it's the one I've had for years. I'm going to try to install Volcano mod over top to see if that corrects the problem with the blocked out numbers. I'll let you know how it works out after the Steelers game!

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4 - Ostland [SPR] - 09-11-2009

Ostland [SPR Wrote:Put a background from another Mod.

For example here http://www.volcanomods.com/

I have the Volcano mod but since Bolt has some new unit types I didn't know if they would be lost if I installed a mod after installing the scenario. Will volcano over-write the existing units folder or just over write duplicate units?

Don't change a picture of units, only put a background !

Soviet SAM SA-4,SA-6,SA-11 :
Fight distance very small 10 hexes (16 km). The real radius of the weapon 30-60 km.

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4 - Aaron - 09-11-2009

The values on SAM units were created with the thought process of shooting down helos for one and secondly with the thought that all 16 of them would not actually be in the same hex, u would have 4 here 4 there and so on. So the longer ranged SAMs got a generic 10 to show them being scattered about and with the FACT that it would never be able to TRACK and shoot at a helo flying tree top level 30 hexes away. 10 was a good number b/c it was big enough to cover the division it was attach to.

Quote:Also there is one artillery unit type, 122mm RM-70 MLR that has 3 numbers in the hard and soft attack ratings. What do they mean? One example of the unit is located in 318, 123.

Attack value/max range/min range

Quote:That's odd, it's the one I've had for years. I'm going to try to install Volcano mod over top to see if that corrects the problem with the blocked out numbers. I'll let you know how it works out after the Steelers game!

Just change the unit box in each folder not everything.

Aaron

tazaaron Wrote:The values on SAM units were created with the thought process of shooting down helos for one and secondly with the thought that all 16 of them would not actually be in the same hex, u would have 4 here 4 there and so on. So the longer ranged SAMs got a generic 10 to show them being scattered about and with the FACT that it would never be able to TRACK and shoot at a helo flying tree top level 30 hexes away. 10 was a good number b/c it was big enough to cover the division it was attach to.

I'm agree.

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4 - JDR Dragoon - 09-12-2009

I am a bit puzzled about the SA4 though. It is an front level ramjet powered high altitude long range SAM meant to shoot down enemy bombers, possibly using a nuclear warhead. I have a hard time seeing it plinking Apaches. Although the nuclear warhead sounds fun ;)

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4 - Midge - 09-12-2009

JDR Dragoon Wrote:I am a bit puzzled about the SA4 though. It is an front level ramjet powered high altitude long range SAM meant to shoot down enemy bombers, possibly using a nuclear warhead. I have a hard time seeing it plinking Apaches. Although the nuclear warhead sounds fun ;)

You'll note both the SA-4 and the SA-6 have AA values almost half that of other Soviet SAMS this simulates their inability to engage choppers at low altitude.

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4 - JDR Dragoon - 09-12-2009

Midge Wrote:You'll note both the SA-4 and the SA-6 have AA values almost half that of other Soviet SAMS this simulates their inability to engage choppers at low altitude.

Yeah, but still ;)

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4 - Aaron - 09-12-2009

Ya the SA-4 was a piece of garbage and as Midge stated its is 1/2 to 1/3rd the value of the rest of the SAMs but since AC defense values are at 6 and 7 for the most part i believe it would make sense to lower the SA-4 from a 9 to a 6. Id leave the SA-6 where its at a 12.

Aaron