• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Normandy Patch Update - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: Normandy Patch Update (/showthread.php?tid=69123)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Normandy Patch Update - wiggum - 02-24-2016

(02-24-2016, 09:55 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Something like an increased chance to disrupt when taking more than a certain number of losses or losing more than a certain percentage of remaining strength might be a more elegant solution than a radicaly overhaul of the system.

Isnt that what Strela is going for ?

RE: Normandy Patch Update - ComradeP - 02-25-2016

No, not based on what he posted.

The two potential solutions he mentioned are aimed at higher fatigue accumulation, and resulting drops in quality from gaining a fatigue penalty level making it more likely that units disrupt.

It's a solution that can be implented fairly quickly as all that is required is changing the fatigue accumulation factor, which was also changed recently for FWWC.

A link between losses and disruption would require new code, and that's tricky as mister Tiller is mostly - and has been for some time - busy with military contracts. That's why changes in patches are mostly modifications of existing values or mechanics.

RE: Normandy Patch Update - wiggum - 02-25-2016

Just played another scenario and without being able to explain the maths behind it...i still think we need more disruption and broken results, currently the pace of fire and movement feels wrong and my example with the HMG's not being able to pin down even small groups of infantry in open terrain still stand (they can run circles around the HMG's).

RE: Normandy Patch Update - wiggum - 02-28-2016

Any news on the patch and what fixes and new features will be included ?

RE: Normandy Patch Update - Compass Rose - 02-28-2016

Update release to be before Christmas   Jester

RE: Normandy Patch Update - Hadge - 02-29-2016

Hi,

If we can ask for alterations as part of this patch/update can I ask for a slight delay in the on screen reporting of an airstike following its resolution so you can actually see the result of the strike?

On my PC the "hit" is instantly followed by the on screen result, followed instantaneously by the next "hit" leaving no time to witness what the result was of the first hex hit ... really bad if hexes widely separate are targetted - a 2 or 3 second delay between each airstrike would be enough.

Pressing the speed buttons (F5 F6 F7 F8) doesn't seem to make any difference either.

Cheers

Chris

RE: Normandy Patch Update - nim8or - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 12:10 AM)Hadge Wrote: Hi,

If we can ask for alterations as part of this patch/update can I ask for a slight delay in the on screen reporting of an airstike following its resolution so you can actually see the result of the strike?

On my PC the "hit" is instantly followed by the on screen result, followed instantaneously by the next "hit" leaving no time to witness what the result was of the first hex hit ... really bad if hexes widely separate are targetted - a 2 or 3 second delay between each airstrike would be enough.

Pressing the speed buttons (F5 F6 F7 F8) doesn't seem to make any difference either.

Cheers

Chris

You could always disable the setting for on-map or on-screen results. Then you have a more detailed result display that you can peruse at your leisure.

RE: Normandy Patch Update - ComradeP - 02-29-2016

The game not "moving" the screen towards the first plotted indirect fire/air strike results is unfortunate, though the limited map size of PB usually keeps things under control. I find it to be more frustrating in FWWC.

RE: Normandy Patch Update - Kuriltai - 02-29-2016

I would like to see Airstrikes resolved at the beginning of the turn instead of the end. After the Command report is looked at. Same with FWWC plotted fire.Some of us don't watch the replays,especially in the larger scenarios.

RE: Normandy Patch Update - Strela - 02-29-2016

Believe it or not but we actually upped the delay for reporting of airstrikes with the release of Normandy. It works better, but I think some of the points raised here such as scrolling to the air strike location are very valid.

I'll also ask whether there is any reason the execution of strikes etc is at the end of the replay - I can't think why, but I'll ask.

David