• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
COMBAT GALLERY - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: CM Tactical Discussion (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: COMBAT GALLERY (/showthread.php?tid=43884)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: COMBAT GALLERY - PoorOldSpike - 06-27-2008

As my Russians shake out into two columns,Herrbixx suddenly hits them with 2 x Kingtigers(?)
[Image: hbxeee.gif]

Kingtiger(?) v Red Army..
[Image: hbxfff.gif]

Odies T-34/85's ruthlessly expose the Panthers Achilles Heel, its weak turret front..
[Image: odpana.gif]

Bert Blitzkrieg's Russian M17's lethal quad 50-cal riddles the thin back of my Hetzer..
[Image: BBm17a.gif]

The M17 had sprayed the Hetzers back a few times in the previous turn without effect, but now the Hetzers luck runs out..
[Image: BBm17b.gif]

A few seconds later my schreck gets the M17, but it's a poor exchange rate for me, a Hetzer for a halftrack..
[Image: BBm17c.gif]

[Image: D1.png]

(Incidentally the M17's stats page (Enter) gives no penetration values for its quad 50's because they're MG's)

Stndrtnfhr's Russian infantry come bursting out of the woods..
(yellow ring= see closeup footage below)
[Image: Stn-infa.gif]

Up close and personal; the Russians gatecrash the house and the two SMG squads spray each other..
[Image: Stn-infb.gif]

And the Russian squad prevails..
[Image: Stn-infc.gif]

Michael Dorosh's infantry cross a ford under panzer fire while the AT-rifleman at bott right keeps the tank commander distracted and buttoned with a series of pings..

[Image: Mdatrif.gif]

1- I spotted Airborne Bob's Panther at this location earlier and predict it'll be coming down the road towards my Russian garrison at the hills outpost..
2- So I send 3 x T-34/85's hooking round to hunt it down in the side armour..
3- The thin arrow shows my intended route..
[Image: abseqa.gif]

Uh-oh, my boys walk into two Panthers head-on, the hunters have become the hunted..
[Image: Abseqbb.gif]

The Panths carve up the 2 leading T-34's real bad, they started milling around and fired back but missed and I lose both,they had their chance.
I was able to jam the brakes on the rear T-34 to save him from a similar fate..
[Image: Abseqc.gif]

PS- the T-34's had infantry aboard simply because I was about to transport them to another sector, and hadn't time to unload them..

The battle for control of the airfield rages as CMant's 4 x SU-76's break out of the forest with infantry in support.
I hurl 4 PzIVH's into their path (top right) and also manage to get a schreck and flak gun into action to help blunt the Russian spearhead.
Inset- the flak gun makes mincemeat of an SU's thin side armour..

[Image: Cmkl.gif]

Advancing from the sailing club (background) Cmant's Red Army kicked in the door to the hills outpost (bott left) by wiping out 4 x PzIVH's (yellow circle) so I race another 4 panzers (bott right) from the airfield to the defence of the outpost..

[Image: cmapush.gif]

I send this small Russian battlegroup spearheaded by 2 x T-34/85's and an SU-100 to conquer ER Chaser's coastal village in a surprise attack from the rear, anticipating only minor resistance because I expect whatever German troops are there to be facing the beach..
(The sea is all Fords to allow amphibious landings)

[Image: erccha.gif]

But no sooner do the Russians begin rolling with the armour area-firing into the church on the move, than the supporting infantry is pinned by small arms fire, but even worse the armour finds its head is in a noose, ambushed by German infantry on all sides..
[Image: ercchbb.gif]

Ominous whooshing sounds are heard from indeterminate locations and my SU-100 is stopped in its tracks..
[Image: ercchc.gif]

The Germans finish them off. Here another faust comes flying out of the trees at bott right..
[Image: erc-arma.gif]

German infantry closes in for the kill with grenades..
[Image: ercarmb.gif]

After capturing the marshes outpost at bott left, I wheel my T-34/85's into line astern formation for an attack on the richest prize on the map-Der Kuenstler's airfield..
[Image: dka.gif]

But before I can move off he launches a spoiling attack with a fusillade of schrecks and fausts (red fire lanes) killing two T-34's and making the rest mill around in confusion. Only the T-34 leader gets through and finds himself alone at the tip of the arrow, frantically radioing "where are my comrades?"
[Image: dkb.gif]

The punch-drunk T-34's turrets swing like crazy looking for whoever's firing at them..
[Image: dkc.gif]