• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz (/showthread.php?tid=42413)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - PoorOldSpike - 10-02-2007

Incidentally Bootie did everything right but was at a disadvantage because I'd grabbed the ville first and could therefore set up concentrated lines of fire between the buildings etc, and sit stationary waiting for him to walk into them.
As the mover,he had the problem of moving in tight groups like a formation aerobatic team, always more difficult for moving tanks..
The moral? - In all Meeting Engs grab the ville first and set up your ambushes.
Amazingly my opponents let me grab the objectives first 99 times out of a hundred,I often wonder whether they have "Fast" and "Run" keys on their computers, or whether they're just afraid to use them..:)

"The engine of a tank is as much a weapon as its gun" -Gen.Guderian

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - Copper - 10-02-2007

LOL... I was aware you would make an early surge into the town... I had 2 PzIV's overlooking the road through a keyhole position. Your Shermans moved through the LOF so quick they didnt lock on!!

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - Easymeat - 10-02-2007

I had panzers overlooking the road into town and the same thing happened, no kills.

[Image: pic1-1.jpg]

Yes guys that's what I was counting on, tanks on roads zip along so fast that the enemy usually can't lock on long enough to squeeze off a shot because of intermittent blocking terrain if the angular momentum is great enough.
Only Herroberst managed to nail one of my zipping Shers..
Incidentally of all the 9 'Brits v 21Pz' battles, I've zipped along roads into town first in all 9 games, whereas all my oppos have opted to go the slower cross-country way.
Suits me.. ;)

PS - With Meeting Engs, I imagine my Commander in the HQ tent beforehand jabbing his finger on a map and saying "Take that ground!", so I just go hell for leather and try to do just that..:)

"We go to gain a little patch of ground.." - Soldier in Hamlet, act 4 sc 4

COMBAT FOOTAGE - The Grand Poohbah's killing spree checked at last..

After wiping out half my entire panzer force on the other side of the map (see earlier screenshot of the bloodcurdling engagement), The Grand Poobah now turns his attention to the other flank below advancing 4x Shermans against the flag.
But I counter with a force of 4x panzers reinforced by a Marder and a schreck achieving odds of 6 to 4 in my favour,and in the fierce action that follows all 4x Shers brew for the loss of only 2 of mine.

[Image: poohB.png]

Hey kid, he couldn't beat the odds, right?

"Right"
[Image: cinc.jpg]

RESULT JUST IN!

POS bt Vinroc

After Vinroc halted my Sherman thrust at bottom, I switched the weight of my thrusts to the centre, both of us trading tanks in a battle of attrition and he ran out of tanks before I did,stalling his infantry which could no longer advance without tank support..

Endgame pic showing final front lines and main armour thrusts-

[Image: vin-end.png]

Results and standings so far -

Game 1 - POS bt Bootie
Game 2 - POS bt Vinroc
Game 3 - ongoing
Game 4 - ongoing
Game 5 - ongoing
Game 6 - ongoing
Game 7 - ongoing
Game 8 - ongoing
Game 9 - ongoing
----------------------------

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - PoorOldSpike - 10-03-2007

RESULT JUST IN!

POS bt Sphinx

This endgame screen shows the carnage as Sphinx mounts his big push, leaving 8/11 of my armour dead, and 10/11 of his.
Despite me throwing my full weight against the centre flag, Sphinxes infantry there refused to relinquish their hold and kept it neutral.

[Image: sphL.png]

Game 1 - POS bt Bootie
Game 2 - POS bt Vinroc
Game 3 - POS bt Sphinx
Game 4 - ongoing
Game 5 - ongoing
Game 6 - ongoing
Game 7 - ongoing
Game 8 - ongoing
Game 9 - ongoing

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - PoorOldSpike - 10-03-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Herroberst calls me out for a gunfight on Main Street

His 2x PzIV gunmen come a-waltzing out at the far end of the street to take on my 3x Shers but after a turn of blazing gunfire nobody on either side is killed!

[Image: herrA.png]

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - PoorOldSpike - 10-05-2007

RESULT JUST IN!

POS bt The Grand Poohbah

Although Grand Poohbah wiped out an entire panzer platoon of 4 tanks, it cost his Shermans heavily in the process, and from then on we both carried on feeding our remaining armour into the meatgrinder in a fearsome battle of attrition, and he ran out of tanks just before I did, so I was able to hold on by my fingertips..

[Image: gp3.png]

Game 1 - POS bt Bootie
Game 2 - POS bt Vinroc
Game 3 - POS bt Sphinx
Game 4 - POS bt The Grand Poohbah
Game 5 - ongoing v Bert Blitzkrieg
Game 6 - ongoing v Panzer Dan
Game 7 - ongoing v Easymeat
Game 8 - ongoing v Mugger
Game 9 - ongoing v Herroberst
Game 10- ongoing v Der Kuenstler

Clarification -the metal tank paperweight will only go to the person who beats me by the highest points margin.
So regrettably anybody who lost won't be winning it this time, I've posted the results in the chart just for the record..

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - Der Kuenstler - 10-05-2007

Looks like your ego is in danger of getting too big with these results, POS - send me the scenario and I'll send you a setup...