• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
The Competition & Teaser Thread - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: The Competition & Teaser Thread (/showthread.php?tid=65518)

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Aaron - 02-10-2014

(02-10-2014, 07:23 AM)Richie61 Wrote: The title is "Panzer Battles" Jester

I vote for 1939 to 1940 Poland and France! Big Grin

Thats 2 separate titles and i dont know how many people would want to play the Polish side besides me

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Richie61 - 02-10-2014

(02-10-2014, 07:27 AM)Tide1 Wrote: Panzer Battles Iwo Jima does sound odd

How about Panzer Battles: Pacific Theater-IwoJima ?

I can't see PB being done easily for the Pacific, but I am not a designer.
The game would need the following to do the Pacific.

a) Ships b) Aircraft and work these into proper island fighting.

The Pacific battles were closer combat than the ETO or EF.

I agree about the Middle East battles! Now that would be cool!

Just me here, but I hope this series doesn't go to Vietnam :(
SB covers the era very well and I see this title as an armor/ infantry game of combined arms at a larger scale.

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Outlaw Josey Wales - 02-10-2014

I beg to differ. I think Vietnam would be a pretty good one as well. Especially if it covers both the French and the U.S. with scenarios. Very much want to see Israelis ready to kick arab butt! Another Modern covering at the very least a Nato/WP, but would still like to see more of the world with some random battle generator with forces from anybody vs anybody. Maybe somebody would want to see if Brazil could hold it's own against Hungary in 1965 or 1985 or whatever, similar to SPs. The more countries the better.

LOL! I knew you would! Big Grin2
Flashpoint Campaigns is going to Nam next. I am burning my draft card
and maybe some day I can become Secretary of State, but that's a totally
different thread.... Wink

As for what if's. I don't think JT does them and Flashpoint Campaigns is already doing it really well right now Wink

(02-10-2014, 10:42 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I beg to differ. I think Vietnam would be a pretty good one as well. Especially if it covers both the French and the U.S. with scenarios.

France 1940
Poland 1939
North Africa
Italy

Just my choices. I just don't want to wait 4 years between releases...

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - GerryM - 02-10-2014

Hello David:

Question re interface. My understanding with PzC is that you scroll to the screen edge or use arrow keys to move around a map. Some new games today allow one to click on the map and drag the map around any way one wants. Will there be new interface features like this in the game?

Thanks,

Gerry

I thought the PzC has a "jump map" icon/ key command?

Not talking about the Jump Map. That is way slower than be able to click a point on the map and drag a few hexes in any direction.

Gerry

k

(02-10-2014, 12:23 PM)GerryM Wrote: Not talking about the Jump Map. That is way slower than be able to click a point on the map and drag a few hexes in any direction.

Gerry

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Strela - 02-10-2014

(02-10-2014, 11:12 AM)Richie61 Wrote: As for what if's. I don't think JT does them and Flashpoint Campaigns is already doing it really well right now Wink

Richie,

We do them. PzC has Sealion '40 and I did Fall Kreml in Moscow '42. Add to that the bulk of the Modern Campaigns title are a what if for a Nato/Warsaw Pact confrontation in 1985 and I think there isn't any aversion.

Now that said, all the what ifs have been focused on operations that were either planned and never executed or what ifs with the historical forces that were in place.

Whether we will go this path with Panzer Battles is yet to be seen but it not out of the realm of possibilities....

(02-10-2014, 11:20 AM)GerryM Wrote: Hello David:

Question re interface. My understanding with PzC is that you scroll to the screen edge or use arrow keys to move around a map. Some new games today allow one to click on the map and drag the map around any way one wants. Will there be new interface features like this in the game?

Thanks,

Gerry

Gerry,

Just checked this for you. There three levels of zoom on the map. The easiest way to go somewhere else other than using the jump map is to zoom out one or two levels and click where you want the map centred. Zoom back in and you're where you want to be. The advantage of this approach is with labels on its much easier to see where you're selecting. It's more difficult with the jump map.

Does that answer your question?

David

Hello David:

Sounds interesting. Looks like it would take 3 actions (keystrokes/clicks) to move around. The way I mentioned just involves dragging the map. So if you wanted to see 5 more rows on the RHS of the screen you would just pull the map to the left a little and you could do this w/o changing zoom level.

How do you zoom? Is it with the mouse wheel?

Curious how many hexes approx. for say a small map?

In a more general sense I think the Tiller games have an old fashioned interface. It would be nice to see it change with this series. (I do realize the importance of the military content in these games.)

Thanks,

Gerry