• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Too Bad - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Too Bad (/showthread.php?tid=53886)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Too Bad - Cole - 12-15-2009

Larry Reese Wrote:Never actually made it to the fleet Cole, for a variety of reasons. But that was where I was headed. Ah, such are the vageries of life, yes?

LR

Life's probably better than if you hit the fleet. Glad I did it but now that I'm getting older a regular 9 to 5 sounds good.... I think it was 6 or so years that I stopped playing CS or visiting this site when I went from one ship to another...

Serious thread jack going on here. Sorry Earl.

RE: Too Bad - Jim von Krieg - 12-16-2009

Kelly's Heroes has always been one of my favorites... Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Don Rickles, Donald Sutherland and all the others... I just love the scene where the General is listening over the radio to the battle... classic...

Eastwood has come a long way since then... One of Hollywood's best IMHO...

As to being in the Fleet... Haze Grey and underway... Someone has to do it... Why not Cole? LOL...

I understand and respect the life... We had a Navy Officer with our unit in Iraq... Our EWO... We had long discussions on life in the fleet... definitely a Blue Water Surface guy... He was our token Sand Sailor... and a very good guy... XO on a Destroyer in San Diego now...

For me, it is the Road not taken because there were two times I came very close to being in the Navy... A big chunk of my early years were in Hawaii... A place that just oozes Navy... I almost joined the Nuclear Navy out of High School... I decided to go to college instead...

Continuing Cole's thread Jack... LOL...

RE: Too Bad - Cole - 12-16-2009

Jim - as much as haze gray and underway is a pain for a guy with a family (and is THE life for a single guy) our deployments have been nowhere near as intense as the Army and Marine rotation to the sand box......

I was offered Nuke school when I enlisted but I knew the math was beyond me..... I'm stupid, but I know I'm stupid, so I guess that almost makes me smart....

Time to multi-jack. When I played in the late 90's I would play with a good opponent in Virginia who worked in the civilian nuclear power industry. There was a time I was thinking of leaving the Navy and he suggested his field. That was so long ago so dude if you're reading this drop me a message. Still not smart enough to work in your field but ready for a game!

RE: Too Bad - Dan Caviness - 12-20-2009

Larry/Cole:

ETR-2nd, RO, ELT, USS Narwhal, 1976-1978

Regards to my fellow squids,

Dan

RE: Too Bad - Larry Reese - 12-20-2009

LOL, Scott, I just realized that "Cole" was you man. How's California, or have you moved on? If my memory is correct, you were the first PBEM game I ever played in EFII way back when. It was Crossroads to Disaster and was it ever a disaster for me as the Russians. Good times.

LR

RE: Too Bad - Cole - 12-20-2009

Dan Caviness Wrote:Larry/Cole:

ETR-2nd, RO, ELT, USS Narwhal, 1976-1978

Regards to my fellow squids,

Dan

Dan,

You must have a lot of good stories from the Narwhal. Too bad you can't talk about them!!

Larry,

Yep that's me. I was new too and that was an exciting scenario. Got me hooked. Depends on which time in California you mean......
We we played Crossroads I was in Yokohama. Went to San Diego for a little bit in 2004. Back to the 7th Fleet and now back to CA. Seen a lot of good places but the moving is getting old.....

RE: Too Bad - Dan Caviness - 12-27-2009

Cole:

The best stories are from Subic Bay of course...and we REALLY can't talk about them!

Regards,

Dan

RE: Too Bad - Cole - 12-27-2009

Dan Caviness Wrote:Cole:

The best stories are from Subic Bay of course...and we REALLY can't talk about them!

Regards,

Dan

;)