• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
COMBAT GALLERY - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: CM Tactical Discussion (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: COMBAT GALLERY (/showthread.php?tid=43884)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: COMBAT GALLERY - PoorOldSpike - 06-28-2008

Elltees Sherman punishes my PzIVH..
The American tank emerges from behind the building and lets fly before my boy could bring his turret to bear..
[Image: ElltD.gif]

DasTigers Hetzer takes on a Firefly..
And the Firefly wins, it drills straight through the Hetzers tough upper hull and confirms my vote as the best Allied tank of the war until the Pershing..
[Image: DTV.gif]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
DasTiger Wrote:Nice paint job on the gun of that beast....

Yes mate it's unmodded straight out of the box.
Here's another view of it in action..
[Image: Firefly.gif]

Elltee's Americans seize the town so I hurl this concentrated metal mass into the counterattack.
When the dust clears, the Sher at top left is scrap and my Hetzer is immobd (sniffle)..
[Image: Ellteeville.gif]

DasTigers Germans have firm grip on the village so in an attempt to break his stranglehold I trundle a Sherman to hit his leading Hetzer in the side..
(my doctrine against all turretless AFV's is simple - "if you've got the chance of a side shot, take it while you still can")
[Image: DTA.gif]

I edge the Sherm forward slightly to squeeze off a shot round the church to get its mate in the side too..
But DasTiger anticipated my move and has pivoted to face my boy and I walk into its line of fire..
The Sher slams into reverse too late, scratch one Sherman..
[Image: DTE-1.gif]

Panzer Dans' Hellcat gets first shot on a hunting pair of panzers but my luck is in, the shot penetrates one panzer without serious effect. The other panzer returns fire and knocks out the Hellcat..
[Image: PDA.gif]

Elltees Americans go downtown..
Having already seized the village in another sector, he now feeds his voracious appetite for population centres by flushing my Germans out of the city with a potent combination of flame and HE shells..
[Image: Elltq.gif]

REMINDER- If anybody's experiencing an uncanny sense of deja vu, let me put your minds at rest by explaining that the sensation is being triggered by the fact that most of my screenshots in this thread have already appeared elsewhere at Blitz in my assorted tourneys in distant corners of the site, so by collecting them under one roof here in the Combat Gallery members can conveniently browse and marvel at them to their hearts content..
Another thing- I try to maintain a balance of 'clobber shots' from each game by showing me getting clobbered by my oppo in some shots, and my oppo getting clobbered by me in other shots..:)

RE: COMBAT GALLERY - PoorOldSpike - 06-29-2008

My Germans press on in the face of Bert Blitzkriegs incoming tracer stream..

[Image: BBL.gif]

DasTigers Germans faust my Firefly..
"Eat zis, Tommee"..
I was trying to trundle the tank down towards the village on the left, oh well back to the drawing board..
(White line indicates the trajectory of the projectile; it can just be made out in flight at the tip of the arrow)

[Image: DT-firef.gif]

Fluidwills Shermans come looking for trouble..
There are about 4 of them down there, my panzer gets in the first shot and knocks one out, but my Hetzer is milling around due to my sloppy move plotting and presents its side to the enemy.
Another Sherman sees it and swiftly demonstrates the old adage - "if you've got the shot take it"

[Image: FluA.gif]

Elltee's American spearhead seizes the church..
1 - And his Sher 76mm hurts a counterattacking panzer..
2 - But the panzer survives and fires back..
3 - And the Sherman falls..

[Image: EllteeT.gif]