• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
COMBAT GALLERY - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: CM Tactical Discussion (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: COMBAT GALLERY (/showthread.php?tid=43884)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: COMBAT GALLERY - PoorOldSpike - 06-27-2008

My SU-100's at last hunt down Seel's Kingtiger, the beast sought refuge from its tormenters by reversing behind the hangar but left it too late and was despatched by this fatal blow..
[Image: Seekt.gif]

"We're sorry to kill you, brother. Forgive us. I do honor to your courage and speed, your strength"..
[Image: moh.jpg]

My Russians are routed by GAZ NZ's gun line, leaving 4 wrecked tanks behind them (marked by X's)
Fear is deeply etched on the infantry's terror-stricken faces as they blindly flee to the rear wildly shouting "we've been X'd"..
[Image: Gazrun.gif]

"When things started getting hot I lit out"..

[Image: litout.jpg]

My Russians gave their all in their failed meatgrinder assault on Der Kuenstler's hills outpost as this endgame scene shows, 2 dead German guns, 4 dead T-34's and a crater-pocked landscape attest to the ferocity of the battle..

[Image: DKendl.gif]

Footnote- Der Kuenstler won after the program stepped in like an interfering boxing referee to stop the fight and surrendered me in order to save me further punishment, it does that sometimes if a players lost a lot of units and still refuses to surrender..

"I just wanna prove somethin' -- I ain't no bum... It don't matter if I lose... Don't matter if he opens my head... The only thing I wanna do is go the distance -- That's all ---If I go them fifteen rounds, an' that bell rings an' I'm still standin', I'm gonna know then I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood"...
[Image: rocky1.png]

1- Stndrtnfhr's heavy assault gun and T-34/85 move up in support of his infantry as they infiltrate the Academy.
2- I send a PzIVH to catch them in the side armour but in the exchange of fire the panzer comes off worst.
3- Meanwhile a gun opens up on my other panzer and Stndrtnfhr has finally pried loose my grip on the academy after 21 turns of relentless assault; this pic now contains 5 dead PzIVH's..
[Image: Stn-acaa.gif]

Closeup of the tank action at position '2', my panzer fired first (inset) but the T-34 just laughed off the penetration and returned fire, wrecking the panzer..
[Image: Stn-acab.gif]

With the game deep into overtime, Huzaar unleashes his Kingtiger into the thick of my defences to hunt down its natural prey- Soviet armour.
It killed the two X'd T-34/85's in previous turns and now it rolls forward to slay the remaining two, they see it coming and dive to the left to get side shots on it..
[Image: Huz-kta.gif]

Sitting astride the road, the German leviathan kills a T-34 before the hapless Russian machine can bring its turret to bear.
But note the portentous sight at upper right of a bottle of inflammable liquid sailing out of the trees towards the Kingtiger, one of three that were hurled with no effect..
[Image: Huz-ktb.gif]

The last T-34 fires at the KT twice, scoring a ricochet and this immobilisation; the KT fires back twice, one miss, one penetration and it's 'auf wiedersehen T-34' (inset)
(Note a grenade in the air above the KT, one of a shower of 3)
[Image: Huz-ktc.gif]

Despite sitting in a pool of burning petrol, the immobd KT's gun continues speaking, but now Battalion commander Major Badanov himself delivers the fatal grenade that finishes off the stricken monster while shouting at it "Ha! Am I bad enough for you Fritz?"
[Image: Huz-ktd.gif]

2054172's gun takes on the invading red army..
[Image: wwa.gif]

It scores a partial pen and several pings but my luck holds and it does no real damage..
[Image: wwb.gif]

Backed up by heavy area-fire from their tanks, my Russian infantry swept ahead and seized Mt. Carmel Hills outpost from the dazed and bleeding German survivors, but as the tanks follow up behind, 3 are knocked out by a single gun lurking off to the side..

[Image: MHC-gunx.gif]

The view enjoyed by the delighted gun crew, a procession of 3 x SU-100's and a T-34/85 trundling blissfully along as if in a Red Square may day parade..
It slays 2 x SU's and the T-34/85 in quick succession over 2 turns..
[Image: MHC-guny.gif]

Two of Herrbixx's Tigers (blue circles at top) have bottled up my Russians in the sailing club (top right), so to break the deadlock I send an SU-100 from the marsh outpost (bottom) in a wide left hook (arrow) to hit one of the Tigers from behind.
[Image: Hbxtiga.gif]

It goes like clockwork, this first shot kills the Tiger, but seconds later a German squad runs up behind the SU and fausts it (inset)
(Extreme fow suggests the panzer is a Kingtig but I think it's a Tig.
It bogged and immobd a few turns ago. The craters and burning vegetation are from my other tanks area-fire in a bid to encourage the crew to abandon but they stayed put)
[Image: Hbxtigb.gif]

Stndrtnfhr's Russians overun the farm at the head of the valley and see the open heartland of the pocket before them..
The X's mark 3 dead PzIVH's and a T-34/85.
Note the Russian gun deploying to stave off any German counterattack..
[Image: Stn-val.gif]

This fearsome tank battle has been raging for most of the game after Odies 6x T-34/85's attacked the village in a surprise move not from the sea but through the difficult rocky terrain to the side.
My 5x Panthers met them head on and both sides stood slugging it out, but at one stage I ordered the Panths to retreat out of it, then changed my mind and ordered them to stand to the last tank.
All the T-34/85's were wrecked (red X's) for the loss of 2 Panthers (blue X's), and my remaining 3 Panthers are all immobilised..
[Image: Od-tkc.gif]

Neither side gave an inch..
[Image: Od-tka.gif]

[Image: Od-tkb.gif]