• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz (/showthread.php?tid=42413)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - Der Kuenstler - 10-09-2007

[hirr Wrote:Leto]
DK is a top ELO guy here at the blitz

LOL - thanks for the compliment LETO but as you can see by my platoon fiasco there I'm no legend - I have a temporary armor advantage but POS still has some piats sneaking around and control of most of the flags so we'll see what happens.

Owl is probably laughing at this - I've never been able to beat him and I'm playing like a newbie with no manual against him in our game right now - he he.

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - PoorOldSpike - 10-09-2007

[Image: sherconvoy.jpg]

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - Copper - 10-10-2007

Der Kuenstler Wrote:
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
DK is a top ELO guy here at the blitz

LOL - thanks for the compliment LETO but as you can see by my platoon fiasco there I'm no legend - I have a temporary armor advantage but POS still has some piats sneaking around and control of most of the flags so we'll see what happens.

Owl is probably laughing at this - I've never been able to beat him and I'm playing like a newbie with no manual against him in our game right now - he he.

OWL is another of the Blitz greats... I always enjoy playing him... our last games ended in his disappearance and wins for me, but they were very close and may have gone the other way had he continued them.

Bert is a serious threat to beat the stuffing out of you every time.

The trick with POS is to take your time and grind him down. As he is a one dimensional tactician, he uses the same strategy every game and you can usually use that against him for full effect.

Cheers!

Leto

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - herroberst - 10-10-2007

PoorOldSpike Wrote:A nothing-to-write-home-about pic of my Brit mortar taking out Herrobersts 8-wheeler with a treeburst, illustrating how light armour is vulnerable to light mortars, i'll also put this pic in the Tac Discussion area.
PS - The car is a 75mm L/24-armed job, but the standard graphic only shows a 20mm cannon, maybe there's a mod available somewhere to give it an L/24?

[Image: mt-v-car1.jpg]

I wondered what did that and figured it was a PIAT. I was unlucky in that it was a 2 inch mortar tree burst but so it goes. Otherwise, POS is down to 1 tank against my five. He has a solid hold on two right flank obj's as I do on the left flank and we are contending one in the middle. A few turns left. At this stage I think POS' heavy losses will tip the balance to me, but we'll see.cheers

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - McIvan - 10-10-2007

3" mortar that one...much more blast and not unusual for it to take out an AC.

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - PoorOldSpike - 10-10-2007

hirr Leto Wrote:The trick with POS is to take your time and grind him down. As he is a one dimensional tactician, he uses the same strategy every game and you can usually use that against him for full effect.

You on crack mate? Or are you still shell-shocked from when we played 'City-Breakers' when my Pz IV's wiped out your Stalins and forced your surrender on only turn 3 ?
Of course I use the same strategy every time, it's called the WINNING strategy, it saw me kick, gouge, claw, rip and bite my way to the top of 3 separate ladders in 600 battles of relentless gutter combat over 5 years so if you know a better strategy let me know.. ;)
Sure I lose sometimes, but then so did Rommel, Monty, Guderian, the Predator, no big deal..
And hey mate you never entered my Pripet Tourney but just stood on the sidelines posting comments in its thread, and now you're doing the same here with 'Brits v 21 Pz', you haven't entered but are just yapping from the sidelines like a cocker spaniel..:)
Er...do you ever actually play CM nowadays?

Meanwhile,argue with my loyal disciples because my ears ain't listening, here are some of their ratings comments at TPG and Blitz-

"As a player POS is top notch and his file return rate is amoungst the best I have encountered. ...... an opponent that wont let you down........A great guy to learn tank tactics from with unsurpassed file return times (it is like he is an AI or something with him returning files any time of the night or day)........Excellent player, good guy and gets turns out quickly! Highly reccomended ........Great tactician, superb return rate and some really wonderful comments with them too...... Well worth playing!........Also a great teacher in helping you improve your own gameplay and a really good playtester........Interesting Tactician, good player, really great Banter........ got to give him a try...A very good tactical player, well worth playing against..........always learn something new from this guy.........great informative posts"

PS -Here's what my opponents see in front of them as I form up for battle-

[Image: tornado.jpg]

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBd0sG559aA&mode=related&search=

PoorOldSpike Wrote:yipe yipe yipe

You'd almost think my 'yapping' carried some weight with the ferocity of that counter attack.

LMAO!!

: )

I'm not denigrating you for what you are, because you are good at what you do. My insight is only targeted at the opportunities inherent in knowing thy enemy. According to Sun Tzu, there is no such thing as "winning tactics". He emphasizes the controlling elements of context as the foundation for which solid tactics are built.

Cheers!

LeTzuo

(read my new book, "The Art of Consuming Kung Pow Chicken". In stores now!)

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - PoorOldSpike - 10-10-2007

hirr Let Wrote:According to Sun Tzu, there is no such thing as "winning tactics"..

Never heard of him, what club's he in?
Hey Master Po what do you think of that Sun Tzu dood?

"He talks like a loser, grasshopper"

[Image: masterpo.jpg]

RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz - The Coil - 10-10-2007

PoorOldSpike Wrote:Sure I lose sometimes, but then so did Rommel, Monty, Guderian, the Predator, no big deal..

I'm not sure who all those guys are, but I think some of them played combined arms scenarios that they hadn't seen in advance, so I don't know if the comparison holds up.

The Coil Wrote:
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Sure I lose sometimes, but then so did Rommel, Monty, Guderian, the Predator, no big deal..

I'm not sure who all those guys are, but I think some of them played combined arms scenarios that they hadn't seen in advance, so I don't know if the comparison holds up.

I think the predator actually was infantry only as he never did play with armor... I believe he exemplified the phrase: "infantry is king of the jungle..."

: )

Wow, I guess Sun Tzu should be dropped for POS Zoo. Military leaders of the world, take heed!

Cheers!

Leto