• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
COMBAT GALLERY - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: CM Tactical Discussion (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: COMBAT GALLERY (/showthread.php?tid=43884)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: COMBAT GALLERY - PoorOldSpike - 06-27-2008

Mangus's Russians (including 7 x T-34/85's/Stalins) overun the hills outpost in the smoke so I give it up as a lost cause and reverse most of my armour to regroup for a possible counterstroke on my own terms at a later time..
[Image: Manb.gif]

Hitler goes bananas when he hears i've retreated..
[Image: hitlr.jpg]

Two of Combat Wombat's German assault guns are prowling towards my marsh garrison (out of frame to left). Two more (blue circle) were immobd and abandoned under area-fire in earlier stunning screenshots.
So I send 2 x T-34/85's to hook round the woods to get the prowlers in the back, what could possibly go wrong?
[Image: wou.gif]

Gun gun gun! It opens up on my boys, nobbling one..
[Image: wov.gif]

But his mate gets one of the assault guns (which turn out to be JPIV's)..
[Image: wow.gif]

Eat this Charlie..
[Image: wox.gif]

Then the gun gets my other boy..
[Image: woy.gif]

The gun's view. (the 2 x JpIV's ringed for clarity)
Final tally- 2 dead T-34's, 1 dead JpIV..
[Image: woz.gif]

It's only turn 1 and Waleed gives his assault gun a clear message to deliver to the Russians after his recent layoff from CM-
"Hello boys, I'm back!"
[Image: waa.gif]

[Image: wab.gif]

3 x SU-100's in a pincer move against Seel's Kingtiger..
[Image: seeH.gif]

But it just shrugs off a total of 4 ricochets, kills an SU in return, then reverses away laughing..
[Image: seej.gif]

"Huuh....what's holding him up.....huuh....?"
[Image: cagney.jpg]

Seel's flame-wagon turns up the heat on my boys in the woods, so I send a T-34 to tell him to cool it..

[Image: seer.gif]

Michael Dorosh's Russians press home their assault on the Academy.
His unseen AT-rifle off to the right is regularly pinging shots off my PzIVH front and I can't wheel it any further forward to contest the infantry's river crossing or i'll be exposing its side armour to the ATR..

[Image: mdk-1.gif]

With the game heavily into overtime, I edge my battered and bleeding Russians a few metres closer to the outpost flag to strengthen my grip on it, but the leading elements are ambushed by ER Chaser's assault gun (top left) which is covering the outpost..
[Image: erclatea.gif]

After an exchange of blows, this T-34/85 takes a knockout punch and goes down..
[Image: erlateb.gif]

Even though I've done everything right (my Russki infantry screen walking ahead of the tanks to flush out schrecks and guns),Tripps's schreck guy pops up and decks a T-34 with his first shot, obviously I should have had my screen a little further ahead of the tanks.
Er... make that "done everything almost right"
[Image: tria-1.gif]

But now that Herr Schreck has blown his cover by firing, he's about to experience the full fury of my infantry,
[Image: trib.gif]

PS- Tripps told me his schreck guy was only green.
Yeah he was green but he was mean..:)
[Image: hulk.jpg]

Oh great, only 15 seconds into the game and I lose a T-34 to GAZ NZ's gun as my Red Army begins advancing on the sailing club (offscreen to left..)
[Image: gaza.gif]

The culprit is well concealed among the foliage..
[Image: gazb.gif]

As usual nobody sees a gun til after it fires..
[Image: gazc.gif]

First the good news for my Russians; GAZ NZ's gun that got one of my tanks in the previous screenshot is now blasted by Stalins area-fire and put out of action..
[Image: GazG.gif]

But the bad news is another gun (a 150mm) has now popped up and is demolishing my infantry. (Inset=closeup)
(red circle is the gun wrecked in previous screenshot)
[Image: GazK.gif]

[Image: Guncrazy.jpg]