• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Victory points
05-17-2024, 09:28 PM,
Victory points
Is there anyway to disable casualty numbers so they do not count towards Victory points. I thought there was a way in the OOB editor where each component would be set to zero points but cannot seem to find it

Thanks in advance for any wisdom
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2024, 02:39 AM,
RE: Victory points
(05-17-2024, 09:28 PM)typhoon Wrote: Is there anyway to disable casualty numbers so they do not count towards Victory points. I thought there was a way in the OOB editor where each component would be set to zero points but cannot seem to find it

I had a look see and it appears to be the one facet of a units data that can not be edited with the OOB Editor.
05-18-2024, 03:29 AM,
(05-18-2024, 02:39 AM)Steel God Wrote:
(05-17-2024, 09:28 PM)typhoon Wrote: Is there anyway to disable casualty numbers so they do not count towards Victory points. I thought there was a way in the OOB editor where each component would be set to zero points but cannot seem to find it

I had a look see and it appears to be the one facet of a units data that can not be edited with the OOB Editor.

Yes unfortunately fear I was wrong and the VP cost for casualties must be built into the code
05-18-2024, 12:47 PM,
Yes, the VPs per unit are based on most of the values, special abilities, and unit type.

Of course, a scenario designer could build a scenario where losses are meaningless by making objectives worth a huge amount, so losses would not cover the difference in victory levels, only objectives would be enough to impact victory.
[Image: exercise.png]
05-18-2024, 07:19 PM,
Thanks Rick Paul. The reason I was asking is because I find in the Eastern front titles in particular the casualties have far too much impact on victory. In the early games 41 42 the Soviet casualties gain far better results than gaining objectives. Then in the latter more recent games this reverses and German casualties just offer too much points. The idea would be limited objectives based on a historical timeline with lower casualty points. I think this system has far more tools than have currently been used in Scenario design
05-19-2024, 07:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2024, 07:52 AM by Ricky B.)
Understood on what you would like. But since VPs for losses are fixed, I am still saying you can get what you want but the objectives need to be larger than normal. Maybe 10 times the total. And obviously the victory levels would have to adjust in tandem. The current tools allow you to do that. Just to provide an answer to what you want to do.

Basically your last comment should be "there could be far more tools than there are currently". But since there aren't just offering up how you could solve for it without the ability to do half of what you want to do.
[Image: exercise.png]
05-19-2024, 11:27 PM,
(05-18-2024, 07:19 PM)typhoon Wrote: Thanks Rick Paul. The reason I was asking is because I find in the Eastern front titles in particular the casualties have far too much impact on victory. In the early games 41 42 the Soviet casualties gain far better results than gaining objectives. Then in the latter more recent games this reverses and German casualties just offer too much points. The idea would be limited objectives based on a historical timeline with lower casualty points. I think this system has far more tools than have currently been used in Scenario design

Look at the way history went.  In the early part, the Germans took the Russians in bunches.  In the latter part, the Germans lost the pockets to a lesser extant.