• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiller Campaign Series Tournament (reboot) CLOSED
05-07-2024, 10:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2024, 09:05 AM by HMCS Rosthern.)
News  Tiller Campaign Series Tournament (reboot) CLOSED
We are at 17 players. I have decided not to try for 32 players, and closing entry into this tournament. We will have to reduce it by one to make it a balanced bracket of 16 participants with 4 rounds. I will drop out and focus on running the tournament. The participants are:

Landser34 
lethal
Nick.Rusch
Partizanka
The_General
Steele God
Ashcloud
akilpio
General Mod
LEGXXIIPRPF
hmcsrosthern
ComradeP
Fhil
Smedley
ShipweckedFool
lorddeadwood
Belisarius

I will in the next few days send out the complete tournament rules and the first round match ups. Going pickerel (walleye) fishing.

For reference (subject to change) 

This is another attempt to try to get a Tiller Campaign Series tournament going. Note that there are some changes from my original posting after reviewing with Mr. Grumpy.  The goals of this tournament are:
  1. Opportunity for TheBlitz.Club members to meet new players
  2. Allow enthusiasts of a particular Tiller Campaign Series (e.g., World War 1 campaigns) to play in a tournament setting. 
The complete tournament rules will be published once we determine if this is a go, but here is a summary. The tournament will have a bracket format. The scenarios must be in the Blitz scenario database, from any title in any Tiller Campaign Series, but must be small (i.e., SM 1-2) and short (i.e., approximately 10-15 turns). The participants in the pairings can choose their own scenario to play. If picking a scenario proves difficult the organizers will choose the scenario from the agreed to series, and if agreement on the series is not possible Panzer Campaigns is the default. The scenarios will be played in a mirrored format, simultaneously, and the winner will be determined by the best overall score of both games. Games not completed in the time allocated for the round will be adjudicated by the organizers to determine the winner. 

In order to proceed we need the following: 
  1. A minimum of 8 and a maximum of 32 participants who are members of the Blitz.
  2. Each participant must have at least one common game with all of the other participants. 
We will give a few weeks for participants to sign up, but if we don't get the above, we will cancel this attempt. 

If you are interested, please contact me via the Blitz private messages and indicate:
  1. Your handle at the Blitz and your email. Email will be the communication medium if we proceed. 
  2. A statement that you have updated your TheBlitz.Club profile with a list of all games you own in the Tiller Campaign Series
  3. Your preference of World War 1 Campaigns, Panzer Campaigns, and Modern Campaigns. The preference will be used to pair participants, where possible.
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2024, 02:20 AM,
RE: Tiller Campaign Series Tournament (reboot)
E-mail sent  Helmet Smile
05-11-2024, 02:12 PM,
The tournament is still accepting entrants. Sign up today Helmet Smile .
05-11-2024, 05:08 PM,
Email sent.
05-12-2024, 05:48 PM,
Just to reiterate there is a free game for the Tourney winner and for any participate (other than the winner) who completes all of his turns in each round in a timely manner, name to be pulled out of a hat by myself.

So everyone has a chance of winning a free game from WDS!  Smile
05-13-2024, 12:21 PM,
I sent a DM this afternoon. Looking forward to hearing back.
05-13-2024, 01:37 PM,
Here is the status of the Tournament. We have 11. It be great if we can get 5 more and we would have 16 which is a balanced bracket. If I have missed someone please let me know.  

Landser34 
lethal
Nick.Rusch
Partizanka
The_General
Steele God
Ashcloud
akilpio              missing email
General Mod     missing email; no single common game with the rest. We can probably work around this. 
LEGXXIIPRPF    missing email
hmcsrosthern

Reminder to contact me via TheBlitz Private Messages.
05-14-2024, 05:56 AM,
I am interested. PM sent.

Rob
05-14-2024, 10:51 AM,
We have 14 signed up. Are there 2 more participants out there Tank3 ?

Landser34 
lethal
Nick.Rusch
Partizanka
The_General
Steele God
Ashcloud
akilpio
General Mod
LEGXXIIPRPF
hmcsrosthern
ComradeP
Fhil
Smedley
05-15-2024, 12:20 AM,
Ok, I'll volunteer to be cannon fodder for someone. PM sent.