• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F 14 glitch (bug?).
04-30-2024, 02:51 AM,
F 14 glitch (bug?).
When I play F 14 against an opponent who is also playing a different F 14 scenario against a different opponent, I don't get the proper replay. Instead I get the replay from the game my opponenet is playing against the other fellow. Not always but often enought so that it is annoying. For example I am playing the 158 turn Home Before the Leaves Fall scenario against Tom. When he sends me his move I often get the replay from his F 14 game The Salient if Formed that he is playing vs. JB. This also happened when we played The Race to the Sea. The temporary and immediate solution is to hit Escape which skips the faux replay and reverts to the proper game but without replay. Anybody else experience this?   LOL    jonny
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2024, 03:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2024, 03:45 AM by Liebchen.)
RE: F 14 glitch (bug?).
(04-30-2024, 02:51 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: When I play F 14 against an opponent who is also playing a different F 14 scenario against a different opponent, I don't get the proper replay. Instead I get the replay from the game my opponenet is playing against the other fellow. Not always but often enought so that it is annoying. For example I am playing the 158 turn Home Before the Leaves Fall scenario against Tom. When he sends me his move I often get the replay from his F 14 game The Salient if Formed that he is playing vs. JB. This also happened when we played The Race to the Sea. The temporary and immediate solution is to hit Escape which skips the faux replay and reverts to the proper game but without replay. Anybody else experience this?   LOL    jonny

That sometimes happens when the game is running double, that is, two games are open at the same time.

This doesn't work with two different titles. Only when two games of the same title are running simultaneously.

It has something to do with the "pbemail.yyy" and "pbemail.xxx" files that are in the "Saves" folder.

Your opponent needs to close out one game before playing and ending the other game.
04-30-2024, 04:37 AM,
(04-30-2024, 03:44 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 02:51 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: When I play F 14 against an opponent who is also playing a different F 14 scenario against a different opponent, I don't get the proper replay. Instead I get the replay from the game my opponenet is playing against the other fellow. Not always but often enought so that it is annoying. For example I am playing the 158 turn Home Before the Leaves Fall scenario against Tom. When he sends me his move I often get the replay from his F 14 game The Salient if Formed that he is playing vs. JB. This also happened when we played The Race to the Sea. The temporary and immediate solution is to hit Escape which skips the faux replay and reverts to the proper game but without replay. Anybody else experience this?   LOL    jonny

That sometimes happens when the game is running double, that is, two games are open at the same time.

This doesn't work with two different titles. Only when two games of the same title are running simultaneously.

It has something to do with the "pbemail.yyy" and "pbemail.xxx" files that are in the "Saves" folder.

Your opponent needs to close out one game before playing and ending the other game.
Thanks! That's probably it!  Big Laugh Big Grin Smile
05-02-2024, 09:36 AM,
What Liebchen said is 100% correct.