• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What-If Campaigns: America 1816
03-05-2024, 08:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2024, 04:51 AM by Elxaime.)
RE: Campaign America 1816
I thought I would throw out an idea for a new hypothetical campaign. HPS has made what-if's before, such as Moscow 42' and Sealion 40'. How about one for the Napoleonic era? I tried to construct something plausible, similar to one of Harry Turtledove's alternative history works.

This one would be a fantasy rematch between Wellington and Napoleon, this time the campaign stretching across the vast spaces of upstate New York. Since this is a complete what-if, neither player would be constrained by knowing what the "correct" strategic choice would be. Variable reinforcements would be part of the picture, with Wellington able to call upon more troops from Britain, from among the local Canadians and Native Americans, and even raise American turncoats. Napoleon would have to summon the last of his fading energies to harness disparate but numerous American forces, as well as managing relations with Congress, President Madison, and a prickly Andrew Jackson to obtain any necessary reinforcements, while husbanding a small number of French veterans. This campaign would feature wide options for maneuver, emphasizing the importance of reconnaissance.

Welcome any comments. And other people's ideas for WDS Napoleon what-if campaigns!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What-If Campaigns: America 1816 - by Elxaime - 03-04-2024, 08:46 AM
RE: Campaign America 1816 - by Elxaime - 03-05-2024, 08:03 AM
RE: Campaign America 1816 - by Elxaime - 03-17-2024, 07:22 AM